+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Newcastle United

Prediction League - Newcastle United

After the FA Cup victory, Wolves face a quick turnaround and head to Newcastle. The match at Molineux ended in a 2-2 draw. It doesn’t sound like Hwang will make an appearance but his injury will not keep him out as long as Cunha. I don’t think a win is in the cards with our injuries piling up.

Newcastle 2-1 Wolves

Neto

Newcastle 1-1 Wolves

Sarabia

Newcastle 2-2 Wolves (Lemina)

Newcastle 0 Wolves 1
    Neto.

Newcastle 1 - Wolves 2 (Hwang)

Poor today.

Although we are having a good season so far I think we are starting to struggle (maybe the wrong word) lately. Poor against Sheffield, Brighton (I don't care how good they are, we struggled) and today, poor.

But hey, if you told me we'd be in the top half with a tiny chance of Europe and a much better chance of another Wembley semi final at the start of Spring....

The writing was on the wall for this one. The third game in seven days, with only two days recovery was always going to stretch the small squad. Missing out two best strikers plus Gomez didn't help and loosing Neto and Sa at half time only made matters worse. Wolves had a 15 year old on the bench and Fraser was called on along with Chirewa in the second half.

There was an element of luck about the first two goals, however the third should have been prevented. While at the other end their keeper was on top form. I still feel bitter about the penalty decision that went their way at Molineux in October.

The squad will I am sure enjoy a rest for part of this week before Fulham visit us next weekend

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)