+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team For Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    So far he as not been any better than what we've got, was expecting better
    He has only played a few games as BFP says you need to give him time he has done ok in some games, ok Crewe he wasn’t great but Maynard made him the scapegoat that day as no chance he hooks Rawlinson, Cameron or Baldwin after 20 mins.

Rawlinson might be big and old school but let’s be right he is truly awful and should be nowhere near a league two starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He has only played a few games as BFP says you need to give him time he has done ok in some games, ok Crewe he wasn’t great but Maynard made him the scapegoat that day as no chance he hooks Rawlinson, Cameron or Baldwin after 20 mins.
    Actually that was a plus point for SM making that early sub. Anyone can watch the tape, he was having an absolute stinker, couldn't do a thing right.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Actually that was a plus point for SM making that early sub. Anyone can watch the tape, he was having an absolute stinker, couldn't do a thing right.
    As I said if he not do that for the experienced pros then its a concern isnt it.

Its ok playing tough guy to a kid but after that from Baldwin in the week he stayed on for the full 90.

Interesting.

Rawlinson is the right sort of player for the back 4 alongside Baldwin but he is now far too slow without the positional sense to compensate. So, for me Warner is the best option in a back 4 which I think we need.

Slocombe (best we have - sacrifice kicking for competence)

Macari - Warner - Baldwin - Chicksen (a significantly better all-round footballer than Cameron)

Robertson - JOB

Crowley (playing wideish) - Bostock/McGoldrick - Jones

Macca

I'd sub Didsy/Bostock for each other, depending on which of them starts, after about 60 (having asked them to knacker themselves for the time they're on playing in an advanced position) depending on how we're doing and prob bring the Crewe lad on for JO'B at the same time.

Unfortunately compromising Crawley a little to fit the system but he's an intelligent enough player to adapt

Tough guy? It's a coach making a sub in a football match, which he can do any time he likes. I don't like how it's crept into the game that you can't make subs before half-time.
    And after that, it's about track record and judgment on what a player will do for the rest of the match from that moment in time based on everything you know about that player. I don't think there's any issue at all with a simple substitution, and one that needed making.

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    Rawlinson is the right sort of player for the back 4 alongside Baldwin but he is now far too slow without the positional sense to compensate. So, for me Warner is the best option in a back 4 which I think we need.

Macari - Warner - Baldwin - Chicksen (a significantly better all-round footballer than Cameron)

Robertson - JOB

Macca

I'd sub Didsy/Bostock for each other, depending on which of them starts, after about 60 (having asked them to knacker themselves for the time they're on playing in an advanced position) depending on how we're doing and prob bring the Crewe lad on for JO'B at the same time.

Unfortunately compromising Crawley a little to fit the system but he's an intelligent enough player to adapt
    Absolutely, watching Rawlinson run is like watching my dad run and he's in his 80's!! Chicksen for Cameron all day long, JOB as Captain.

I think he's (Warner) struggled playing on the right of a back 3, but when we played a back four he looked pretty comfortable in the right central position. There's clearly a player in there but one who prob needs to be played in a more familiar position. Young players also benefit from being coached in game
    Last edited by M0ufMk3; 01-03-2024 at 04:30 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Tough guy? It's a coach making a sub in a football match, which he can do any time he likes. I don't like how it's crept into the game that you can't make subs before half-time.
    And after that, it's about track record and judgment on what a player will do for the rest of the match from that moment in time based on everything you know about that player. I don't think there's any issue at all with a simple substitution, and one that needed making.
    My original comment is he wouldnt take CR KC AB JB DM off if they had a stinker after 20 mins, why do you think that is ????

I know this as ive seen these players all be awful in games and yet they pretty much all stay on the pitch amazing isnt it.

Warner also was not at fault for any of the Crewe goals either but yes I take your point he wasnt Van Djik but has he been any worse than the so called senior pros.

Maynard is just doing the old school keep the so called leaders of the dressing room inside but by doing that it'll get him the sack (See Nolan and his off field mates)

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post

Robertson - JOB

Macca

I would go with this, Rawlinson is far to slow I've seen milk turn quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    My original comment is he wouldnt take CR KC AB JB DM off if they had a stinker after 20 mins, why do you think that is ????

I know this as ive seen these players all be awful in games and yet they pretty much all stay on the pitch amazing isnt it.

Warner also was not at fault for any of the Crewe goals either but yes I take your point he wasnt Van Djik but has he been any worse than the so called senior pros.

Maynard is just doing the old school keep the so called leaders of the dressing room inside but by doing that it'll get him the sack (See Nolan and his off field mates)
    I didn't want to get into this, but I haven't seen any of those you mention as bad as that. He could hardly complete a pass. Just watch it back.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast