+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 02.03.24

📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 02.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Newport gets a mention in every interview now.
    Listen to that for signs of fight. Heard good intentions and hope, but not sure those things will dig you out of a hole

The number of times that Maynard keeps referring to “we as the Management team” just makes me feel that he and his ‘management team’ are distanced from the players which is so different to how Luke Williams managed the group. It sounds as if they are demanding respect rather than trying to earn it. I think it must be hard for some of the senior players to be coached and shouted at by a 34 years old 1st team coach who achieved nothing in football. I wish them well but would prefer him to use the term ‘we as a group’.

Adding to my above comment, listening to Maynard I would happily put down a £10 bet (to a charity) that when he worked for BT he was the Union Rep because his words and his manner that is exactly how he comes across to me. No one can Blame him for taking the job, who wouldn’t take that kind opportunity if offered it but I am beginning to think that perhaps it is an opportunity too far for him at this time. Really hope he goes on to prove the doubters wrong and achieves great success with Notts. We shall know by the seasons end.

First time for a long while I've not bothered to listen. The (staged) questions were boring when LW was doing them but at least he was worth listening to. And "hello Stuart, how are you?", "Fine thanks and you?". Can't they just have one big group "Hi" at the beginning. And sometimes would be nice if the interviewers actually introduced themselves. We can't see whose there.

Reading between the lines on X (or was it BBC) it seems as if Kyle is getting upset at being booed. I think it is those that are booing who are upset and Luke had a handle on how to energise that.

Now have to decide whether to spend the afternoon glued to the radio or pull my eyebrows out.

Can't they put the assistant manager/head coach up for one of these press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    First time for a long while I've not bothered to listen. The (staged) questions were boring when LW was doing them but at least he was worth listening to. And "hello Stuart, how are you?", "Fine thanks and you?". Can't they just have one big group "Hi" at the beginning. And sometimes would be nice if the interviewers actually introduced themselves. We can't see whose there.

Reading between the lines on X (or was it BBC) it seems as if Kyle is getting upset at being booed. I think it is those that are booing who are upset and Luke had a handle on how to energise that.

Now have to decide whether to spend the afternoon glued to the radio or pull my eyebrows out.
    He covered Cameron in the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Can't they put the assistant manager/head coach up for one of these press conferences.
    I suspect Maynard feels he has to front up while we're on a bad run, if he doesn't do the interviews he'll be accused of hiding from the press.
    I thought his answers were reasonable but like every manager he needs a win.

Meeting Dad in Bradfud at lunchtime then going to watch us kick some Bradford ass. Got the feeling we're going to win today COME ON YOU PIES

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast