+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Wycombe Wanderers v Barnsley

If you can cast your mind back a few years, to when Leeds United did the same thing. After a few games of going behind early. They would actually start then game as if they where 1-0 behind.

Reverse psychology may help the super reds push on from the start and get us on the front foot.

But it’s a massive game on Tuesday we just need a result. Some big players to come back in after a bit of a rest.

The Wycombe games was always going to be physical test. So any player with a bit of a niggle wouldn’t have been risked. Save them for the next game and let’s but Bolton the sword.

Ive seen the highlights this morning and schoolboy defending is the only cliche I can think of to describe what I saw.

!st goal, a professional footballer who doesn't get goal side of his man from a restart is a mistake that is unacceptable and one that is coached out of you from 7 years old upwards. Simply not good enough but I think the player (no names mentioned but youve probably all seen it) will be disappointed. He'll also be disappointed that his central defender colleagues didnt back him up and clear what was just an average ball into the box, carrying little threat until we fail to clear.

2nd goal, what was our defender doing? Their player is around the six yard box and the position is still threatening despite him going to ground. The ball has to go out into touch. Credit to McCleary but the defender has to defend and stop the game. Very poor.

Its like we start games half warmed up conceding early almost every match. Collins has to do something tactically to get us through the first quater of the game, even if its hoofball and play in their half for a time.

The performance in the 1st half was iffy yesterday for me. I thought we looked a yard off the pace at the start, we looked sloppy, there was bad decision making and we had not much urgency about us. However, we slowly got to grips with things and ran out comfortable winners in the end. To score four goals away just sums this side up for me. We can just produce a couple of passages of play and really hurt the opposition.

It was never going to be easy at Adams Park but the lads found a way to get those important 3 points which sets up the Bolton match a treat. Can't wait

Excellent win, and 4 goals scored.

Tighten up the defence and auto promotion is on.

MASSIVE game Tuesday.

I’ve slated Williams this season for some sloppy defending but now he’s in his best position he’s back to his best,
    I also think Cole has had a great season and his all round game has improved no end but I wish his body language wasn’t so bad, when Grant scored he never flinched and didn’t break his neck to congratulate the lad, I’ll give him the benefit of doubt and say that’s just his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I’ve slated Williams this season for some sloppy defending but now he’s in his best position he’s back to his best,
    I also think Cole has had a great season and his all round game has improved no end but I wish his body language wasn’t so bad, when Grant scored he never flinched and didn’t break his neck to congratulate the lad, I’ll give him the benefit of doubt and say that’s just his character.
    I always remember Kayode when Brian Howard scores THAT last minute winner at Anfield in the FA Cup 5th round in 2008 .

He just turns away and starts walking to the half halfway line , no emotion , no celebration , no nothing .

How do you even react like that in such a moment ?

This win over Wycombe Wanderers was their first league victory after falling behind twice in the game since a 3-2 win over Peterborough United away in October 2003.
    Get the feeling something is really happening here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123