+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Wycombe Wanderers v Barnsley

Earl you idiot#%#&

Another cracking win on the road and yet another comeback victory .

Sets up the Bolton game on Tuesday night big time .

Well done to everyone .

Hotting up at the top end of league one now .

A very good result and certainly a game of two halves.

Plenty of mistakes from both sides today but again we managed come from behind ( twice ) Thats the tenth away win of the season so we can only applaud that which is quite remarkable at any level.

Only criticism that second Wycombe goal for goodness sake let the ball go out for a corner. The first goal we were asleep.

Herbie Kane ran the show in the second half which was a very good watch and a special mention for O'Keeffe who had his best game so far.

On to the big one Tuesday a must not lose game and fingers crossed for a win.
    I honestly can’t believe we are in this position well done lads.

Excellent win today not without some hairy moments though but to be honest you expect that with third division football , I agree with Poggy that Kane ran the engine room today especially the second half where everything positive came through him , he was always available & continued to probe & prompt with quality passing , interestingly whilst many were wanting our forward line to be strengthened in january goal scoring has not been our problem & with our 4 goal return today we have returned to being top scorers in the league , it has been stopping the goals that has been a problem & still is although I think we now have the squad to hopefully deal with this for the remaining games but improvement at the back is still required , however it is harsh to be critical of a side who continue to prove that on the road we are a real force & well done to Collins and his boys with another 3 points from a losing position , great stuff !!!

In to March and only one away defeat all season , must be or close to a record , it's insane .

Good win and builds it beautifully for Tuesday! Kane definitely M.O.M today, nice to see Cosgrove get another goal, with Pines and Grant getting their first for us.
    It was tight however when it was 11 v 11 and their lad being sent off tipped it in our favour, I have to say I was glad to see Luca go off who probably had his worst game for us, but he can be forgiven as it is unusual to see him play so many miss placed passes and lose so many tackles.
    Roberts didn’t have a great game and looked nervous, really unusual for him, but I think this was transmitted to the defence.
    Williams for me wasn’t too clever either constantly being out muscled, but we are still picking up points though when not playing brilliantly.
    Cosgrove had one of his best games for us, he was available for everything and refused to be bullied by their physicality.

Luca Connell had been ill all week, that's why he came off early.
    Cadden ill may be back for Tuesday and McAtee back injury, unlikely Tuesday.

Good comeback but the curse of the early goal persists. It blows my brains watching that over and over

It needs sorting before the Bolton game cos they wont be easy to breakdown if they go ahead.

Good comeback again and credit deserved. Didnt see todays game but will watch the sky highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In to March and only one away defeat all season , must be or close to a record , it's insane .
    Indeed, the away record goes back to even more games if you include the end of last season, our only defeats at Third Division competitive level being at Derby and at Wembley.

I recall the days when our away record was usually something like W3 D5 L15 in the final table.

Ten away wins so far is a remarkable achievement for Neill and Jon's Men of Grove Street.

We can't and shouldn't keep going 0-1 behind admittedly, as a promotion chasing team.
    But this obvious fightback ability that this team have right now, is impressive of course.
    Now we move onto another team next, who also have 'Wanderers' as a pointless pretentious second team name. 😬

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast