+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hibs to copy Hearts

Hibs to copy Hearts

Hibs are thinking about cutting the Old Firm allocation similar to Hearts, do you think if we were to do something similar we would attract more home fans, or just shoot ourselves in the foot financially

Shooting in the foot.

Whether there's 4,000, 2,000 or 500 of them they'll spout their bile.

Take the cash from them I say and if we ever get to the stage where we can compete on a fair playing field maybe cut their allocation then

It is a pity that we cannot charge Rangers supporters a surcharge on their admission price as a result of the problems they caused the last time they were at Dens Park setting their flares off.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It is a pity that we cannot charge Rangers supporters a surcharge on their admission price as a result of the problems they caused the last time they were at Dens Park setting their flares off.
    That is a good idea but not easily achievable, unfortunately. League rules state that you have to charge away fans the same price for like for like seating/view. There is an argument for sharply hiking the price for the two stands behind the goals as they are the most modern and better accommodation. Charge the South which is really and honestly a total coup, despite the atmosphere, and the Main Stand which also has problems as well at their normal Old Firm prices. This would mean that 3000 out of the 4200 Orcs would have to pay more and it wouldn’t affect the majority of Bobby Cox attendees as they are Season Ticket holders. ‘Compensate’ the ticket buyers in the Cox with multiple game deals to bring down the cost (this is allowable and done anyway at present). Ticket buyers in the Cox could also decide to go to the South or Main Stand for cheaper as these do not nearly fill for Old Firm visits. Worth trying??

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    That is a good idea but not easily achievable, unfortunately. League rules state that you have to charge away fans the same price for like for like seating/view. There is an argument for sharply hiking the price for the two stands behind the goals as they are the most modern and better accommodation. Charge the South which is really and honestly a total coup, despite the atmosphere, and the Main Stand which also has problems as well at their normal Old Firm prices. This would mean that 3000 out of the 4200 Orcs would have to pay more and it wouldn’t affect the majority of Bobby Cox attendees as they are Season Ticket holders. ‘Compensate’ the ticket buyers in the Cox with multiple game deals to bring down the cost (this is allowable and done anyway at present). Ticket buyers in the Cox could also decide to go to the South or Main Stand for cheaper as these do not nearly fill for Old Firm visits. Worth trying??
    It is difficult to do.
    The Club would have to charge different ticket prices for each stand which happens at other clubs so it is not impossible.
    The South Enclosure has probably the best view of the pitch but the seats have no backs on them.
    The Bobby Cox Stand is has no pillars in the way but you can only reasonably see one end of the pitch.
    The Makn Stand has the best view of the pitch but their are pillars in the way blocking the view which could be classed as a restricted view.
    However I doubt if the Club’s computer could cope with different prices.
    On Friday 16th February 2024 I went to the Ticket Office to purchase my ticket for the Ross County game the following day.
    I was informed that the seat I wanted in the Main Stand was already taken as was the seat next to it. According to the Dundee Football Club computer there were only three seats available in the section of the Main Stand I wanted to sit in.
    I purchased the seat immediately behind the seat I wanted to purchase.
    At the Ross County game nobody sat in the seat I originally wanted to purchase nor the seat next to it.
    I know that these seats are not taken by season ticket holders as I have previously been able to purchase this seat at several other league games during this season.
    This is not the first time that this has happened as I have previously been told on a number of occasions there were only two or three seats left in this section of the Main Stand yet at the game there are loads of empty seats.
    In my opinion the management of Dundee Football Club need be checking their computer and check that it is update to show only season ticket holders sears on it before tickets go on sale for the next home game.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It is difficult to do.
    The Club would have to charge different ticket prices for each stand which happens at other clubs so it is not impossible.
    The South Enclosure has probably the best view of the pitch but the seats have no backs on them.
    The Bobby Cox Stand is has no pillars in the way but you can only reasonably see one end of the pitch.
    The Makn Stand has the best view of the pitch but their are pillars in the way blocking the view which could be classed as a restricted view.
    However I doubt if the Club’s computer could cope with different prices.
    On Friday 16th February 2024 I went to the Ticket Office to purchase my ticket for the Ross County game the following day.
    I was informed that the seat I wanted in the Main Stand was already taken as was the seat next to it. According to the Dundee Football Club computer there were only three seats available in the section of the Main Stand I wanted to sit in.
    I purchased the seat immediately behind the seat I wanted to purchase.
    At the Ross County game nobody sat in the seat I originally wanted to purchase nor the seat next to it.
    I know that these seats are not taken by season ticket holders as I have previously been able to purchase this seat at several other league games during this season.
    This is not the first time that this has happened as I have previously been told on a number of occasions there were only two or three seats left in this section of the Main Stand yet at the game there are loads of empty seats.
    In my opinion the management of Dundee Football Club need be checking their computer and check that it is update to show only season ticket holders sears on it before tickets go on sale for the next home game.
    Make up your mind, is the best view of the pitch from The South Enclosure or the Main Stand - you're all over the place there.

The view of the entire pitch from the Bobby Cox and Shankly is excellent and completely unrestricted so, without a doubt, the best views are from those stands. The idea that you can only see half the pitch is absolute nonsense. Not everyone likes behind the goal, if that's you then say so.

Maybe the people who bought the seats you wanted for the Ross County game didn't make it or maybe they sat in other more suitable free seats? Just spit balling here but just because someone buys a ticket for a particular seat it doesn't mean they're legally bound to sit in that seat when the stand is anything but full. Once you realised that your preferred seat was not going to be occupied you could easily have moved to it without the risk of ejection or arrest. Seems like you're moaning and blaming the club for absolutely no reason and with absolutely no justification................................ yet again

If we move to campy I think Nelmsy has visions of letting in a lot more flute players and Palestine supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    If we move to campy I think Nelmsy has visions of letting in a lot more flute players and Palestine supporters.
    Moveable segregation was always a requirement. We'd be squeezed up into one area and Dundee fans would miss out on tickets to maximise sales to the slavering hoardes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)