+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: These Youtube interviews are boring and pointless

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    I wrote to Radio Nottingham about Bracegirdle and his pathetic non-commentary and have heard nothing. Not good
    His Cricket commentary is very good but the problem when he's commentating on Notts County is, you can tell he doesn't really want us to win, he just wants to see an entertaining game. One final thought - imagine if Bracegirdle had been commentating on the play offs last season, imagine what his commentary for the winning penalty would have been like.

There was a time when I used to ring up clubcall (which cost money) to hear player post match interviews, but it was a relatively new thing then to have regular chats with players and managers at any length and they were probably more candid with their answers, not having been schooled in media relations (either by the club or just absorbing the way its' done whilst growing up).

Maybe it's because I'm a lot older now and spend a lot of time listening to educated people talking about heavyweight subjects that I find most football interviews excruciatingly embarrassing or at best, dull and entirely predictable. The post match manager interviews however can be and often are very revealing, but I never bother with manager's pre-match unless I happen to catch them on Radio Nottingham. I'm less inclined to tune in bang on 2pm these days and usually switch off after the manager's post match and before they get around to any players.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 01-03-2024 at 09:48 PM.

I wrote to Radio Nottingham about Bracegirdle and his pathetic non-commentary and have heard nothing. Not good
    Left in the dark then like the listeners most the time during his commentaries

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    His Cricket commentary is very good but the problem when he's commentating on Notts County is, you can tell he doesn't really want us to win, he just wants to see an entertaining game. One final thought - imagine if Bracegirdle had been commentating on the play offs last season, imagine what his commentary for the winning penalty would have been like.
    Doesn't bare thinking about that He does seem to get just as excited about the opposition scoring as he does Notts. Surely there's some untapped Notts supporting talent out there who can do a better job?

Banality in football interviews has been around for a long time pace David McVay: why else was his book entitled "Steak, Diana Ross"?

Can't think why!

Others may have a different view of course. These things are subjective. A channel with thousands of listeners will understand that they'll never please everyone. I used to loathe listening to Alan Parry on telly but a lot of people regarded him as one of the better commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    One final thought - imagine if Bracegirdle had been commentating on the play offs last season, imagine what his commentary for the winning penalty would have been like.
    I think it's Nemane walking forward to take the next one...no, sorry it's Scott. Did you ever miss a penalty, Stall? I remember back in the day when you couldn't make out the penalty spot for all the mud...you don't get that type of mud any more, the type that clings on to your boots, caked on, and takes your mum a hour to scrape off. You'd have to clean them yourself if you got it on the lino. Nemane scored that one btw, I mean Scott, Mansfield will be next up....

All in jest, I actually like DBG's commentary

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think it's Nemane walking forward to take the next one...no, sorry it's Scott. Did you ever miss a penalty, Stall? I remember back in the day when you couldn't make out the penalty spot for all the mud...you don't get that type of mud any more, the type that clings on to your boots, caked on, and takes your mum a hour to scrape off. You'd have to clean them yourself if you got it on the lino. Nemane scored that one btw, I mean Scott, Mansfield will be next up....

All in jest, I actually like DBG's commentary
    Pretty accurate apart from realising himself that he'd got the wrong player - Stall normally corrects him diplomatically a few seconds later!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Pretty accurate apart from realising himself that he'd got the wrong player - Stall normally corrects him diplomatically a few seconds later!
    Fair enough! Here's the drillerpie version

I think it's Nemane walking forward to take the next one...oh thanks Stall, it's actually Scott. Did you ever miss a penalty, Stall? Of course you did....I remember back in the day when you couldn't make out the penalty spot for all the mud...you don't get that type of mud any more, the type that clings on to your boots...caked on...and takes your mum a hour to scrape off.....you'd have to clean them yourself if you got it on the lino....you don't see much lino around these days do you Stall? Are you alright, Stall? Looks like you've had a Glacier's mint go down the wrong way. Nemane scored that one by the way, Mansfield will be next up....

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Fair enough! Here's the drillerpie version

I think it's Nemane walking forward to take the next one...oh thanks Stall, it's actually Scott. Did you ever miss a penalty, Stall? Of course you did....I remember back in the day when you couldn't make out the penalty spot for all the mud...you don't get that type of mud any more, the type that clings on to your boots...caked on...and takes your mum a hour to scrape off.....you'd have to clean them yourself if you got it on the lino....you don't see much lino around these days do you Stall? Are you alright, Stall? Looks like you've had a Glacier's mint go down the wrong way. Nemane scored that one by the way, Mansfield will be next up....
    Ahah!

Almost there but would like to see some reference to the fact that the opposition's third choice keeper has an uncle that used to fit lino!

At least now they've stopped asking "what's it like playing in front of our fantastic supporters in our fantastic stadium with all that noise behind the team " you can picture the interviewer wacking off at the answer 😝

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast