+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: These Youtube interviews are boring and pointless

Interviewing football managers and players has been a pointless waste of time for ages IMO. The media training they receive ensures you get really bland, vague responses that never tell you anything. It's similar to listening to politicians (but on a much lesser scale).

It's the usual crap about the players are hurting in there, we go again next week, we're going to put it right on the training ground etc.

All that said, other than the entertainment value, I don't suppose it would do much good for a manager to call players out for being **** and admit he doesn't know how to fix the problems!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think it's Nemane walking forward to take the next one...no, sorry it's Scott. Did you ever miss a penalty, Stall? I remember back in the day when you couldn't make out the penalty spot for all the mud...you don't get that type of mud any more, the type that clings on to your boots, caked on, and takes your mum a hour to scrape off. You'd have to clean them yourself if you got it on the lino. Nemane scored that one btw, I mean Scott, Mansfield will be next up....

All in jest, I actually like DBG's commentary
    You might like his style of commentary, each to their own. But to fill the commentary with trivial facts and not actually comment on the action in front of him is criminal and unforgiveable. Unless you watch the match on the stream, you might not realise he's doing that and presume nothing's happening. It's infuriating

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Injuries were never mentioned by LW, Maynard give much more information on them. I think the questioning is banal, so what do the interviewees do? These interviews have always been dull. I know there is a lot of hate for SM on here, but I don’t think he is any less informative than anyone else.
    This. What the hell is he meant to say to these inanae questions. Football interviews have always been dull. The difference people are picking up on is that SM is less charismatic or interesting to listen to than LW but that's different personalities. SM is walking a tightrope at the moment trying to please the fans and the players whilst call them out. Give him a break. We're going to win today, COME ON YOU PIES LET'S BEAT THE "MASSIVE" BRADFORD

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    You might like his style of commentary, each to their own. But to fill the commentary with trivial facts and not actually comment on the action in front of him is criminal and unforgiveable. Unless you watch the match on the stream, you might not realise he's doing that and presume nothing's happening. It's infuriating
    This, I've only listened to him this season. He's terrible, has to get his facts and stats out even talking over stall. Hardly ever describes play and when he does hell say something like Robertson inside to McGoldrick, where is this happen? Am I to guess based on positions played? In the other 80% of the game what's actually HAPPENING? Which half are we in? Where's Crowleys shot come from, left, right, centre? No I don't want to hear your musings of something that happened in 1970 or some random stats that there might be time for in a break of play but not when either penalty area is being threatened. I thought radio commentator's were meant to describe the play for those who couldn't see.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    I wrote to Radio Nottingham about Bracegirdle and his pathetic non-commentary and have heard nothing. Not good
    Andrew James could do a good job, after being snubbed for Charlie Slater. He is a Notts fan and has MOTD experience.

Andrew James would be a good shout for commentator.
    The interviews are pointless anyway.
    The interviewer is never going to ask a searching question to either player or manager.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This, I've only listened to him this season. He's terrible, has to get his facts and stats out even talking over stall. Hardly ever describes play and when he does hell say something like Robertson inside to McGoldrick, where is this happen? Am I to guess based on positions played? In the other 80% of the game what's actually HAPPENING? Which half are we in? Where's Crowleys shot come from, left, right, centre? No I don't want to hear your musings of something that happened in 1970 or some random stats that there might be time for in a break of play but not when either penalty area is being threatened. I thought radio commentator's were meant to describe the play for those who couldn't see.
    exactly. Well put

I started to rate Williams after the Borehamwood at the start of last season when instead of saying it was a good point in difficult circumstances he slated the players for making basic errors. Always thought his interviews and pressers were worth listening to.

Maynard not so much so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123