+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Huddersfield Town ***Matchday Thread***

Maybe we’ve been a bit spoilt, 28 points out of 30 isn’t exactly poor is it? I expect us to beat stoke but again like Huddersfield the Yorkshire derby against Sheffield will,again like Huddersfield, be their cup final. Not expecting another win there sadly, I think in reality we can only hope the other 3 also falter a bit and drop some unexpected points. If it’s the playoffs I sadly don’t see us doing it, we haven’t got the strength mentally or physically to overcome the likes of West Brom or suchlike.

Think the next 2 games will be a struggle , both Stoke and the Wendies won at the weekend so will be on a high , both playing the same sort of stuff that we got served with at the dog fiddlers.

Agree with norfolk , its go up automatic or we ain't going up , if its the play-offs I think we will be mentally shot!

Need a few results to go in our favour while making sure we take care of our own.

11 cup finals to go folks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Think the next 2 games will be a struggle , both Stoke and the Wendies won at the weekend so will be on a high , both playing the same sort of stuff that we got served with at the dog fiddlers.

Agree with norfolk , its go up automatic or we ain't going up , if its the play-offs I think we will be mentally shot!

Need a few results to go in our favour while making sure we take care of our own.

11 cup finals to go folks.....
    Stoke have not been good away from home for 7 or 8 years now. Not exactly sure why. so I think we will be okay in that match. I anticipate that it will be a scrappy match against Wednesday but they need to win because of their table position and playing at home. So, there may be gaps.
    Going forward, if Barndoor Bamford plays, I prefer James on the right because James can find him with crosses better than Gnonto can.

Much prefer James to gnonto, on another note, I believe Southampton now have 3 home games on the bounce, how the hell can that be.

Huddersfield were really up for it. You could see it in their players eyes, like they were under a spell.
    Wednesday will be the same.
    Obviously their managers have them pumped up.
    Can’t imagine Farke sending his team out after a rousing speech.
    And I can understand other teams being up for it, it just that when they go to play someone else, they lie down and get their bellies tickled.

Exactly, makes me sick and always have done, totally expect Huddersfield to be garbage in their next game and roll over, even if they played Ipswich, Southampton or Leicester they wouldn’t fight the way they did yesterday, nor would the crowd be baying for blood like that either.

Huddersfield are away to Cardiff next, let’s see how that goes, Southampton at home to Preston, wonder if Preston will fight like they did against us, one word……no!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Huddersfield are away to Cardiff next, let’s see how that goes, Southampton at home to Preston, wonder if Preston will fight like they did against us, one word……no!
    And.....? Doesn't matter what THEY do, only what WE do. Frankly the teams mentioned could put a hatful of goals in against their opposition, whoever they might be, meaning just about the square root of next to f00k all to LUFC.

What matters is what we do against Stoke, Wendies, Millwall, Watford, Dull, Coventry etc and performances like that against Dudds are unacceptable. If there is a physical challenge then we need to meet it head on (literally or otherwise) and the style of play exhibited by Dudds needs to be shown to be flawed because we beat teams who employ that strategy. Otherwise, we might as well give up now and accept that we face life in the Championship for the foreseeable.

I accept it’s what we do that matters most, but I’m trying to point out that it rankles that opposing teams try harder and give their all against us rather than roll over to teams that are also on par with us. Also why do sky do their utmost to hinder us by making us play 3 games in 7 days where others don’t. I’m not bleating it’s unfair and poor us etc but we often get the crap end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I accept it’s what we do that matters most, but I’m trying to point out that it rankles that opposing teams try harder and give their all against us rather than roll over to teams that are also on par with us. Also why do sky do their utmost to hinder us by making us play 3 games in 7 days where others don’t. I’m not bleating it’s unfair and poor us etc but we often get the crap end of things.
    Understood, and agreed, just don't think it's worth more than a passing glance over the shoulder and not much more, given there is nothing we can do to change what happens elsewhere (including the schedulers at Sky!), and I hope the players and manager do that same

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)