+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton away

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Morton have begun to stumble with the injuries they have so are not the same prospect as a few weeks ago. Having said that we are no great shakes at present.

We can win this one but JG seems to be persisting with Grieve which worries me and leaves Cudjoe on the bench who made a difference against QP.
    I think Grieve is ****

I don't think this is the game for cujoe, this will be a physical battle, cujoe is more suited to games when we dominate possession and need to come up with something different to break down opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    I think Grieve is ****
    Since coming to the club he started 3 games. Loss to Airdrie, draw with Partick. So what was the 3rd? Ayr United the score at the time he was subbed Ayr 1 United 0. It would unfair to blame these poor results on Grieve but where is the added value? I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Since coming to the club he started 3 games. Loss to Airdrie, draw with Partick. So what was the 3rd? Ayr United the score at the time he was subbed Ayr 1 United 0. It would unfair to blame these poor results on Grieve but where is the added value? I just don't see it.
    I think part of the problem is that new players are coming into an unsettled team with little continuity, each week for a while it’s been an eleven who have never played together in a competitive match. And some players are clearly out of favour, Graham and Cudjoe for example.

Mochrie and Meekison both have potential and have yet to prove they can move from promising to achieving, I would never start them together.

We could do with a young Jim Goodwin and Dave Bowman on the park rather than in the dugout.

A hard game, and with the rollercoaster that we are every game is unpredictable

If the team could match the passion of the supporters and challenge, close down, and find a pass we’d be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    I think part of the problem is that new players are coming into an unsettled team with little continuity, each week for a while it’s been an eleven who have never played together in a competitive match. And some players are clearly out of favour, Graham and Cudjoe for example.

Mochrie and Meekison both have potential and have yet to prove they can move from promising to achieving, I would never start them together.

We could do with a young Jim Goodwin and Dave Bowman on the park rather than in the dugout.

If the team could match the passion of the supporters and challenge, close down, and find a pass we’d be much better.
    I fully believe that Graham could have done a job for us this season, but JG went and got this ex-Dee that has turned into one of our most consistent players this season. Cudjoe i dont know, he got a good run, was sent off against Morton and it only been a bit part here and there. Plenty rumours there, but i thought he did really well the other week and has disappeared again.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post

There's no continuity, there's no identifiable style, there's no fluidity, there doesn't seem to be a plan. We constantly give the ball away, and we play 30% passes far too often.
    Opponents have learned quickly that we're just not very good and we continue to confirm it for them. All of that is on Goodwin.

But, the title is still within our grasp so let's hope we can get it across the line and worry about next season when this frustrating one is over.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    A very daft post but not uncommon for ya tbf

I'm not a knee jerker/bedwetter extraordinare like you after any result that doesn't go our way, before today we had the same pts as the Hearts side that most recently went up comfortably after the same amount of games but they didn't have a team like Raith who also accumulated a good total

We are top of the league and everything I said in the above post is not manipulating stats these are the real facts

We've lost no ground in the last week and gained no ground on anyone near us, it's not a catastrophe, if we do finish first, it's a good season, if we don't then that's the time to shout failure at the club/manager/players
    Aye OK daft lad

Shedkas got me on ignore though right 🤣🤣

Just for the record though,I'm not a knee jerker and definitely don't wet the bed(much&#129315 I wanted Goodwin out long before this season started.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Just for the record though,I'm not a knee jerker and definitely don't wet the bed(much&#129315 I wanted Goodwin out long before this season started.
    To be fair you did 😁

But like it or not we're stuck with him. He's going nowhere for now so we need to get behind the players to get this job done, then we can have the conversation in May.

Despite recent form we can go to Greenock and win.

C'mon United 🧡

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)