+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Funniest moments from Secondary School days?

Funniest moments from Secondary School days?

We had some classic moments in the mid to late 70’s at mine.

A big fat lad called David James had a habit of stinking a classroom out when he farted.

Towards the end of one lesson he let rip as the bell rang and one of the lads dodged out of the room in the new block we were in and pulled the concertina doors together and used a football sock to tie the handles together with.

It was mayhem in the classroom, our history teacher was a Mr Body who had zero control of us 16 year olds.

He was apoplectic as lads started climbing out of the first floor windows and escaping by dropping 8-10 feet to ground level, it looked like the Iranian embassy siege back in 1982!🤣🤣

Another classic was when one of the nutters from the year above us did a wheelie on his Yamaha Fizzi 50 down the main corridor of the school! 🤣🤣🤣

The potato stuffed up the exhaust of one teachers car was another, the car had been wrapped in bog paper, he thought he was home and hosed once he’d removed all that until he tried to drive off!

In a science lesson the teacher (Froggy) shouted ‘Gather round the front bench boys’. On the front bench was of all sorts of equipment ready for the experiment we were about to be shown. As Froggy was rambling on I noticed a kid swop the tube feeding the Bunsen burner with that on the tap. We waited in expectation and then it happened. Froggy turned the tap on and water immediately shot out of the top of the Bunsen burner with some force. The fountain hit the ceiling and came down on us all. Froggy was beside himself and shouted ‘What boy did that?’ The guilty party immediately put his hand in the air and said ‘Me sir!’ Froggy got hold of him. He put him over his knee and started smacking him. There was uproar at all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    In a science lesson the teacher (Froggy) shouted ‘Gather round the front bench boys’. On the front bench was of all sorts of equipment ready for the experiment we were about to be shown. As Froggy was rambling on I noticed a kid swop the tube feeding the Bunsen burner with that on the tap. We waited in expectation and then it happened. Froggy turned the tap on and water immediately shot out of the top of the Bunsen burner with some force. The fountain hit the ceiling and came down on us all. Froggy was beside himself and shouted ‘What boy did that?’ The guilty party immediately put his hand in the air and said ‘Me sir!’ Froggy got hold of him. He put him over his knee and started smacking him. There was uproar at all this.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What age group Q?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    ������������

What age group Q?
    Looking at the second last sentence it could be anything from five years old to eighty fiive years old...

We had this English teacher called Mr. Rowley, who was a real character and an excellent teacher. He was a Baggies fan by the way. Anyway, there was this lad who had befriended this stray dog. The dog would follow him to school every day. On one occasion, during an English lesson, the dog was outside the door whining away. Mr Rowley got so fed up with this that he sent the boy outside, brought the dog in, sat him on the boy’s chair and carried on with the lesson. As you can imagine the class was in uproar.
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 03-03-2024 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    We had this English teacher called Mr. Rowley, who was a real character and an excellent teacher. He was a Baggies fan by the way. Anyway, there was this lad who had befriended this stray dog. The dog would follow him to school every day. On one occasion during an English lesson the dog was outside the door whining away. Mr Rowley got so fed up with this that he sent the boy outside, brought the dog in, sat him on the boy’s chair and carried on with the lesson. As you can imagine the class was in uproar.
    What a great teacher indeed. Nice story.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    ������������

What age group Q?
    First year. 12-13

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    We had this English teacher called Mr. Rowley, who was a real character and an excellent teacher. He was a Baggies fan by the way. Anyway, there was this lad who had befriended this stray dog. The dog would follow him to school every day. On one occasion, during an English lesson, the dog was outside the door whining away. Mr Rowley got so fed up with this that he sent the boy outside, brought the dog in, sat him on the boy’s chair and carried on with the lesson. As you can imagine the class was in uproar.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

A lad in our year was on the bus with me on the way back from Stourbridge town centre and I noticed he’d got an oblong shaped parcel wrapped in brown paper so I asked him what he’d bought.

Chris was always in trouble at school but even I was surprised to see him reveal a freshly minted car number plate, we were only 15-16 at this time.

He explained to me that he’d bought an Old Ford Anglia that was on its last legs from a scrap yard for £50.

A couple of days later, at school kicking out time, Chris and a couple of other idiots from our year were cruising backwards and forwards passed our school hanging out of this old banger!🤣🤣

It wasn’t long before the cops arrived and put a stop to it, he lost his licence before he even had one!

Around 5 years after leaving school Chris donned his balaclava and walked into the local petrol station with a sawn off shotgun and committed a robbery.

He wasn’t the brightest, it was where he always called for his fags and petrol!🤣

The cashier recognised his voice and he was arrested within the hour!🤣🤣

Did a few years in jail and was dead before he was 30 from booze and drugs.

He was a nut job but was also one of the funniest people you’d ever meet, I’d call him misguided rather than bad.

The sight of them cruising along the school frontage hanging out of the Ford Anglia trying to impress the ladies still makes me smile 46 years later.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)