+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Worrying thing about the pitch, is we haven't heard anything from the club, or Dave Fellowes.

The other year, that it struggled, we were told that it was Fusarium. Some local golf clubs suffer also. This disease is common in cold climates.

What worries me is, what happens to the "stitching" what cost lots, when we shave the top layer off the pitch in the close season?

All this talk about the training ground, and spending loads on it. What deal have we got with Parkgate? I was told years ago that when the cricket team folded that Parkgate was on the brink, only by us using the training pitches saved them.
    Couldn't we buy it all off them, golf course and all? Then it would be worth spending money.

You don't build an extension on a council house.......money down the drain, without assurances from the landlord.
    It all brings us back Avon to why we have not developed the Bawtry Road site, when we promised a state of the art training ground?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post

What worries me is, what happens to the "stitching" what cost lots, when we shave the top layer off the pitch in the close season?
    Has the stitching caused the issues ? Just a thought.

Looks like someone has been treading grapes on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Looks like someone has been treading grapes on the pitch
    You're constantly inferring about TS and his drinking. If you have a problem with it why not go to Rotherham G.C. and have a word with him about it man to man?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123