+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Richardson post match interview

Based on yesterday's performance I'd say Richardson needs to go. He reminds me of Xisco, in that he talks a good game, utters the usual trite phrases, but doesn't know what he's doing. I was sitting in the stand with my Rotherham mates and we all agreed that it was the worst effort we'd ever seen from the Millers in this fixture.

Rotherham need a big character; Moore, Evans, Warnock, Warne. All different personalities, but all big personalities. I'd get Evo back. I know some don't like him, but there's no way with him as manager that Rotherham would have played like that. Richardson is stealing a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Wrong manager wrong time.
    I’ve been critical of him which I don’t normally do because it’s a tough job.
    He just takes no accountability for what’s happening.

Repeat of
    It’s a healthy challenge.
    I knew the task when I came in.
    I haven’t been in the building long.
    I leave clubs in a better place than when I joined them.
    Its habits before I arrived.

1win in 16 but its not his team it’s not his players ok but its his tactics which are what?
    Get over the halfway line and go back.

That interview yesterday was embarrassing and an insult to the fans. He’s sounding desperate and void of any accountability or responsibility.
    Statistically he’s horrendous and taking us backwards.
    Inspirationally he’s horrendous and taking us backwards.
    16 games and he’s shown that he’s worse than MT worse than Stubbs.
    I’d rather have George Kerr back.
    Spot on Pocket. It’s why I chucked my Season Card in when he became our new manager and I won’t be returning until he’s gone.
    He’s simply not up to it, never was and never will be. Supporters are voting with their feet. Awful atmosphere yesterday, who’d a thought it was a derby against the team most Millers dislike the most. Lots of empty seats.

Abject performance.

Agree. Might even get an atmosphere back?

Quote Originally Posted by LesHiboux View Post
    Rotherham need a big character; Moore, Evans, Warnock, Warne. All different personalities, but all big personalities. I'd get Evo back. I know some don't like him, but there's no way with him as manager that Rotherham would have played like that. Richardson is stealing a living.

I agree about needing a big Character but Evans would be nothing more than a quick fix at best. The club needs an overhaul from top to bottom and a long term plan and he isn’t the man for that.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I too am very reluctant to criticise someone who’s only been in the job a short while but we do seem to be worse. I thought at least we showed some competitiveness at Ipswich and QPR but yesterday was a huge step backwards. Completely unacceptable performance, tactics and result in our own back yard. It’s a results driven business and we are appalling atm

It could be argued that LR has more resources at his disposal than MT because quite a few players have come back from injury and Morrison and Pelts play more often than not.
    He also signed 3 more players in Jan and although we lost some they either didn’t play or were poor. Lembisika was recently dropped from Hearts’ starting xi. Revans absence is a big miss but that’s the only concession
    There is no way I am having anyone saying we have a better squad post January than we had at the end of the summer window. January was a window where Teflon Tony implemented a cost cutting exercise, shipping out as much as possible including our own players. We brought in three players in the last hour of a one month window, how does that help a manager. LR has issues but he has not been backed by TS and add to that we can’t even provide an all weather pitch to train on, it is the boardroom where the problems are, what does our ceo do and how much is the Yes man on.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I agree about needing a big Character but Evans would be nothing more than a quick fix at best. The club needs an overhaul from top to bottom and a long term plan and he isn’t the man for that.

Who else we going to get who won't use this as a stepping stone? Warney wasn't a big character opposite he wouldn't ruffle TS his way feathers unlike Evans instead not talking the club forward just kept giving Wood contracts making sick notes ready for retirement signings like Potter Jones Shawn Mac Peltier Ferguson Hall etc...

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Who else we going to get who won't use this as a stepping stone? Warney wasn't a big character opposite he wouldn't ruffle TS his way feathers unlike Evans instead not talking the club forward just kept giving Wood contracts making sick notes ready for retirement signings like Potter Jones Shawn Mac Peltier Ferguson Hall etc...
    If a manager is able to use us as a stepping stone then it means they’ve been successful with us. You want somebody who knows that he’ll never do any better than us?

I dislike Evans but am big enough to admit he was successful with us and was a big personality. You’re like a petty toddler when it comes to Warne, but with worse communication skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    There is no way I am having anyone saying we have a better squad post January than we had at the end of the summer window.
    It’s not up to you what I write. How arrogant
    I didn’t say we had a better squad now than in early September.
    I said that LR has more resources at his disposal now than when MT left us in November as players have come back from injury.
    Kioso is a much better player and defender than Lembisika
    Rinhimota is decent
    Kelly left us but was hardly ever played so no loss / change
    Onyedimya was injured so he wouldn’t have played anyway / no change
    Peltier is available quite often now
    Morrison has played a lot
    Humphries is back
    Ferguson is back
    Jamie Lindsay is now available

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    If a manager is able to use us as a stepping stone then it means they’ve been successful with us. You want somebody who knows that he’ll never do any better than us?

I dislike Evans but am big enough to admit he was successful with us and was a big personality. You’re like a petty toddler when it comes to Warne, but with worse communication skills.
    Warne was a fluke. Repeatedly.

Apparently.

Or maybe, he was just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Warne was a fluke. Repeatedly.

Apparently.

Or maybe, he was just right.
    His good Human beings policy was widely mocked but in his two full Championship seasons we never capitulated like this. Good people tend to have a bit of pride in themselves. A club with our lack of funds needs to make the maximum of the things that cost nothing, hard work, team spirit and fitness.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast