+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s the story?

Lightbulb What’s the story?

So, where are we? Why are we here? Know where you are, you know what needs doing. Only for LR, it isn’t the end of the season. Is that it?

Or is it what it looked like? A bit of LR is selling and the players are not buying. Because we must have had at least one or two out there that were fit?

Desperate times call for leadership I’ll leave it there.

Who is making the decisions behind the scenes? The embarrassing walk-on by LR before every home game? The ‘anthem’? Reluctance to address tragedy chanting? Surprised Miller Beat hasn’t been replaced. Club is a shambles atm.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Who is making the decisions behind the scenes? The embarrassing walk-on by LR before every home game? The ‘anthem’? Reluctance to address tragedy chanting? Surprised Miller Beat hasn’t been replaced. Club is a shambles atm.
    ...taking the knee, rainbow flags, meaningless announcements etc etc

All deflect away from core values....football and football development

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    ...taking the knee, rainbow flags, meaningless announcements etc etc

All deflect away from core values....football and football development
    I've follow Wakefield Trinity in Rugby League and the difference between RL and football as a paying fan is huge , totally different culture and yet both sports enjoy the same predominantly working class support .

The only difference is on the field and the actual playing of the game .

You might think football has got massively bigger due to the huge amounts of money that's come in to the game and therefore these other let's call them causes have hitched their wagon to football and yet RL enjoys crowds today that are bigger than they've ever enjoyed previously and there's more money come in bigger than anything it's seen before .

It's nothing like the money in football but you have to factor in the context of what the RL players once earned and what they earn today .

There are causes and charities that RL support of course there is but they aren't in your face like they are in football .

My take is this
    A chain reaction of events occurred when Warne left
    Taylor lost the dressing room when the Richard Wood incident happened. I think the squad was already fragile and still reeling from Warnes departure.
    Luckily for Taylor he had the good start to fall back on and we limped to safety.
    His limitations were badly exposed this season in both signings and tactics and I believe he still hadn't won back the dressing room. Losing became a habit and he rightly had to go. I felt a bit sorry for MT because we did have a ridiculous injury list but I also felt some injuries were just excuses by players not to play for him.
    We then took far too long bringing in Richardson as a head coach rather than manager who appeared to be far from being first choice.
    Richardson clearly isn't a motivator of men like Warnock and players seriously lacking in confidence and used to losing are continuing to do so at an alarming rate. That's why we should have moved heaven and earth to get Warnock in to do his thing as we were still close to our rivals at this time.
    Injuries and training facility issues have hindered us no doubt but we have gone even further backwards under Richardson.
    If the current decline isn't addressed I could see League one next season also being a struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Desperate times call for leadership I’ll leave it there.
    What would you like Leam Richardson to do differently Pocket rocket.?

Bearing in mind he could only name 6 outfield players yesterday.
    He's been brought in for next season not as the club claimed to save the season.
    Dad's Army were recruited because they were the only ex Championship players the budget would allow.
    Took a calculated gamble and it backfired big style.
    Awful to watch.
    Gone back to 2016 when PW became Caretaker Manager.
    Where's the incremental improvements.?

Jürgen Klopp couldn't get a tune from this squad so forget Mr Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    My take is this
    A chain reaction of events occurred when Warne left
    Taylor lost the dressing room when the Richard Wood incident happened. I think the squad was already fragile and still reeling from Warnes departure.
    Luckily for Taylor he had the good start to fall back on and we limped to safety.
    His limitations were badly exposed this season in both signings and tactics and I believe he still hadn't won back the dressing room. Losing became a habit and he rightly had to go. I felt a bit sorry for MT because we did have a ridiculous injury list but I also felt some injuries were just excuses by players not to play for him.
    We then took far too long bringing in Richardson as a head coach rather than manager who appeared to be far from being first choice.
    Richardson clearly isn't a motivator of men like Warnock and players seriously lacking in confidence and used to losing are continuing to do so at an alarming rate. That's why we should have moved heaven and earth to get Warnock in to do his thing as we were still close to our rivals at this time.
    Injuries and training facility issues have hindered us no doubt but we have gone even further backwards under Richardson.
    If the current decline isn't addressed I could see League one next season also being a struggle.
    Agree 100% with all of that. Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    What would you like Leam Richardson to do differently Pocket rocket.?

Bearing in mind he could only name 6 outfield players yesterday.
    He's been brought in for next season not as the club claimed to save the season.
    Dad's Army were recruited because they were the only ex Championship players the budget would allow.
    Took a calculated gamble and it backfired big style.
    Awful to watch.
    Gone back to 2016 when PW became Caretaker Manager.
    Where's the incremental improvements.?

Jürgen Klopp couldn't get a tune from this squad so forget Mr Evans.
    I wasn’t referring to LR when I said about leadership.
    In terms of LR take some responsibility we all know what he inherited a team who could be competitive at home but struggled away.
    We’re now not competitive at home either.
    He talks about habits been bad well since he’s come in we’ve gone backwards.
    So I’m not sure what habits he’s trying to change.
    His record suggests his habits are worse than the ones before.
    I go home and away and his after match analysis is one of a total lack of any accountability. It’s because of what’s happened before.
    We competed at home under MT we had 1 shot on target yesterday against them.
    Playing Ferguson was just suicidal as an example.
    He thought we competed well yesterday well I’ve got no problem him trying to stick up for the players but don’t piss on us and tell us it’s raining.
    He’s out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I wasn’t referring to LR when I said about leadership.
    In terms of LR take some responsibility we all know what he inherited a team who could be competitive at home but struggled away.
    We’re now not competitive at home either.
    He talks about habits been bad well since he’s come in we’ve gone backwards.
    So I’m not sure what habits he’s trying to change.
    His record suggests his habits are worse than the ones before.
    I go home and away and his after match analysis is one of a total lack of any accountability. It’s because of what’s happened before.
    We competed at home under MT we had 1 shot on target yesterday against them.
    Playing Ferguson was just suicidal as an example.
    He thought we competed well yesterday well I’ve got no problem him trying to stick up for the players but don’t piss on us and tell us it’s raining.
    He’s out of his depth.

Totally agree - shocking appointment by a chancer of an owner - it's backfired Tony, but don't give us the old salesman talk. It's so obvious that LR has no chemistry with the players - that's how it is sometimes, look at Mourinho at Man Utd. What's hard to take is how the Wednesday players were fighting for each other - the basics that LR cannot instill into his players. Please step aside Tony. you've done all you can, before it turns toxic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast