+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Bolton Wanderers

Advantage Barnsley.

We finished the half strongly, good team performance so far.

COYR

Just edging a very good game between two decent sides , Bolton have had their moments and look dangerous in and around our box but we are causing them all kinds of problems on the counter .

Next goal huge .

We need to make our passing more accurate, giving possession up too easily.

Think Pines has done particularly well first half and I havent seen Cole put him self about so much, a changed man?

Anyway, well done lads on the first half.

Get in!!!!

Why have we defended so deep all second half?

Weve invited pressure!!

Completely fecked that up at 2-0 , brain dead football , I take the point Bolton upped their intensity but that was shocking game management , Gareth Southgateesque .

Collins fecked up with the subs too in my opinion .

Lucky to get a point in the end .

No complaints, they deserved something out of the game but we were out on our feet the last 20 minutes, we gave them far too much room in midfield

Well Bolton deserved that to be fair.**They’ve outplayed us that second half.*Not sure it was a penalty but there you go.*If I was a Bolton fan and they’d lost today I would have been well sickened.

Second half fully expected Cosgrove and I found subbing a little confusing as everyone I’m sure could see what was coming.

I’m more concerned how we’ve collapsed that second half mainly due to energy and possibly tactics.

Still not convinced that’s a pen but they’ve dominated that second half from start to finish.

Overall tonight they looked like they had more energy than us. Good game to watch.

**** can someone tell me what these are all about ? Not my typo.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 05-03-2024 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Well Bolton deserved that to be fair.**They’ve outplayed us that second half.*Not sure it was a penalty but there you go.*If I was a Bolton fan and they’d lost today I would have been well sickened.

Second half fully expected Cosgrove and I found subbing a little confusing as everyone I’m sure could see what was coming.

I’m more concerned how we’ve collapsed that second half mainly due to energy and possibly tactics.

Still not convinced that’s a pen but they’ve dominated that second half from start to finish.

Overall tonight they looked like they had more energy than us. Good game to watch.

**** can someone tell me what these are?
    Thought it was frustrating myself. When McAtee was subbed, surely Cosgrove should have come on with a view to holding the ball up and releasing Cole. Instead Toal and Santos (who shouldnt have been playing in my opinion) won everything allowing Bolton to repeatedly attack us.
    I agree that Bolton ended up with a deserved point but I think we helped them out with our tactics and substitution choices. Lessons to be learned there perhaps.

Total shambles. Second half was managed totally wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast