+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Aberdeen v Kilmarnock (Scottish Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    You will probably find that your other half is the sensible one and saving you from another one of those days. As has been said though, we have to win sometime. I would much rather we do it to make sure we don't have any uncomfortable play offs.
    I kicked every ball today and gutted I wasn't at the game.

I was listening on BBC Scotland and whilst not one of those folk who decry the BBC, about all life's wrongs, they clearly hate us in a football sense and they were spewing we won today and won well.

They can't forgive us for not having their pal McInnes in charge anymore. Even god was winding me up with some of the shyte he was coming out with.

An Aberdeen fan I met down here last night said Warnock is too big a hun lover to be our boss and we should go all out to get McInnes back!

Maybe we deserve to be shyte.

Well that was pleasantly surprising. Didn’t see that coming.

Much better attitude, commitment & physicality. We actually played some decent stuff in spells & didn’t get bullied this time.

Defence still gives me the fear, & that goal we conceded (Devlin again I think - abysmal attempt at a clearance) was another absolute shambles.

But they were better in the second half & overall the win was thoroughly deserved.

Shinnie immense - led the team perfectly. He’ll be a huge miss in the semi.

McGrath was good, nice goal (or two) and played some good stuff.

Hoilett too. He’ll nae burn anyone for pace, but technically he’s excellent, picks a pass and his decision making on the ball is very good.

McKenzie put in a good shift on the left again & got forward well.

Phillips also added a lot of the bite & physicality we’ve been missing in the middle. A silky fitba technician he’s not, but he put himself about & he’s got a good engine - traits we’ve been sadly lacking that go a long way up here.

So lets hope that settles them down & we can go on and get the league results to put this relegation nonsense to bed…

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I kicked every ball today and gutted I wasn't at the game.

I was listening on BBC Scotland and whilst not one of those folk who decry the BBC, about all life's wrongs, they clearly hate us in a football sense and they were spewing we won today and won well.
    Aye, and don't start me on these smug pretentious Jambo pricks on From The Terrace either.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Well that was pleasantly surprising. Didn’t see that coming.

Much better attitude, commitment & physicality. We actually played some decent stuff in spells & didn’t get bullied this time.

Defence still gives me the fear, & that goal we conceded (Devlin again I think - abysmal attempt at a clearance) was another absolute shambles.

But they were better in the second half & overall the win was thoroughly deserved.

Shinnie immense - led the team perfectly. He’ll be a huge miss in the semi.

McGrath was good, nice goal (or two) and played some good stuff.

Hoilett too. He’ll nae burn anyone for pace, but technically he’s excellent, picks a pass and his decision making on the ball is very good.

McKenzie put in a good shift on the left again & got forward well.

Phillips also added a lot of the bite & physicality we’ve been missing in the middle. A silky fitba technician he’s not, but he put himself about & he’s got a good engine - traits we’ve been sadly lacking that go a long way up here.

So lets hope that settles them down & we can go on and get the league results to put this relegation nonsense to bed…
    Agree with most of that but thought their goal was down to Barron thinking he's Pirlo going too deep to get the ball and then playing Devlin into trouble. And Roos came off his line!!! so surprised himself that he ****ing dropped the ball but fortunately was able to regather. We still look so vulnerable defending set pieces (basically 'cos everyone and his dog knows that Roos isn't going to help the defence). The pluses Warnock has brought - Roos kicks up the middle of the park instead of out of play, we always leave 1 upfield when defending set pieces.

Aye Barron wisna great either at the goal, but all Devlin had to do was clear his lines up the park, but he didn’t get enough height on it & sclaffed it aff a Killie boy putting us under pressure.

He then got skinned by a boy with the turning circle of a supertanker.

Not great. He’s not been the worst back there, but he’s also cost us a bunch of goals this season (who hasn’t tbf). We need an upgrade at right back as well as across the whole back four tbh…

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456