+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Before the game started, Vaulks ran towards the north stand, I would think hoping
    to get some applause from the home fans, but all he got was abuse, he must have
    been gutted.
    I saw that, I didn’t think he was hoping for applause. I thought he was showing he wasn’t bothered about any abuse that would come his way.

Smudge got much more abuse. It's a shame because if he had gone to any other club he would have been applauded and welcomed back.in future matches when he retires. He wont be bothered of course long.term but he could have been a millers legend on par with a lot of our fondly remembered players. Millers fans notoriously do not forgive easily.

It's the abuse that means you mean't so much.Ambivalence is the thing that hurts the most!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Smudge gotuch more abuse. It's a shame because if he had gone to any other club he would have been applauded and welcomed back.in future matches when he retires. He wont be bothered of course long.term but he could have been a millers legend on par with a lot of our fondly remembered players. Millers fans notoriously do not forgive easily.
    It's true, but the real problem lies at our own door..not being able / or not willing to pay the wages on offer of other clubs..
    Any guy on here would leave a job for double the money if it was the same trade.. we'll always lose players if the management won't try for / or accept investment..at least we can go back to our division one spiritual home, and try to get back into the monetary division for another yo yo spell..

I think if he’d been playing for us on sat and played the same way posters on wouldn’t be crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I think if he’d been playing for us on sat and played the same way posters on wouldn’t be crying.
    Totally agree

All three of them were good players for us and all three would walk into our side today. Vaulks abuse at the referree was awful, but the ref could have sorted it if he was any good. Smith remember was like a son to TS (not my words!), he certainly didn't show any respect to the club where his career realistically started. They showed passion for their team and the club they play for, not many in red are doing that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    And only Rotherham fans would moan at each other's views as much as possible.

If we had 3,4 players like him in our team Saturday we might just have given Wendies something to think about.Vaulks never waves a white flag,that can’t be said about some of our players.

We needed to hire Warnock for Saturdays game, he would have but some fire into
    the players ar*es, then some boot into the players ar*es if they did't comply to
    his instructions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123