+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New signings said to be not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, that is a very leading question and one that I intimated about a few weeks ago when the club's finances etc. were being discussed. Michael Caine used to have the perfect saying for this sort of thing.
    Yes, I thought at the time that's what you were hinting at Sub. If you do a bit of research into MUD Analytics and see who else is involved, it gets very interesting. I suspect what Vinni is trying to replicate here is not Brighton or Brentford but Union St Gilloise in Belgium, but for whatever reason it hasn't worked. Not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We will just have to beg to disagree once again army88.

IMHO Kompany got lucky last season and tactically he is clueless.

The most important question at present at Turf Moor is why is the tea lady in charge of recruitment?

Attachment 25817

Shall I go back and find last seasons posts BT where he was the messiah- managers and teams don’t accrue 100 plus points only lose 3 games and win 10 on the bounce by simply luck,
    You only have to look back to when it was done previously - were Reading plain lucky aswell ?

If you look at the championship now Leicester have to win 7/8 of their last 10 games to better us and all of them I think for Readings points tally.

You’ve decided to join the doom and gloomers negative band wagon on here but just like with Lyle Foster I’m prepared to give it more time even with the frustration of a relegation in the mix.

If the club stick with VK I think he’ll sort it out - I seem to remember a certain Alex Ferguson where the crowd bayed for blood and years later he’d won the lot ( I’m not saying we’ll do this but I’ll give him a chance and see where it takes us ).

People are frustrated me included but knee jerk reactions *******ising people amd sackings are rarely the right decisions- it could spiral us out of control -the next manager doesn’t like a players - players don’t want to play for a manger .
    The strange thing is relegation looms but VK now has time to see what’s good for us and not to build again. ( just a thought ).

Under Garlick/Dyche we were too biased towards survival using age/experience. We had very little coming through the ranks and you couldn't see what the club's strategy really was.

Under Pace/VK i think we have just gone too far the other way. The team and manager are too inexperienced to compete, at least in the short term.

But, if the plan is to revolutionise the squad and build a new core which is more competitive in a few years time then it might be frustrating now but you have to let it pan out. We might even struggle next year, but again it's too short a time frame to deliver what i think they are trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Shall I go back and find last seasons posts BT where he was the messiah- managers and teams don’t accrue 100 plus points only lose 3 games and win 10 on the bounce by simply luck,
    You only have to look back to when it was done previously - were Reading plain lucky aswell ?

If you look at the championship now Leicester have to win 7/8 of their last 10 games to better us and all of them I think for Readings points tally.

You’ve decided to join the doom and gloomers negative band wagon on here but just like with Lyle Foster I’m prepared to give it more time even with the frustration of a relegation in the mix.

If the club stick with VK I think he’ll sort it out - I seem to remember a certain Alex Ferguson where the crowd bayed for blood and years later he’d won the lot ( I’m not saying we’ll do this but I’ll give him a chance and see where it takes us ).

People are frustrated me included but knee jerk reactions *******ising people amd sackings are rarely the right decisions- it could spiral us out of control -the next manager doesn’t like a players - players don’t want to play for a manger .
    The strange thing is relegation looms but VK now has time to see what’s good for us and not to build again. ( just a thought ).
    While its plain to see that relegation is unavoidable for us although not certain as yet.

If we are to continue with Kompany, then is it time for us to use the players who are committed to BFC, and any who are likely to want away, let them warm the bench. I am sure Kompany knows now who he would like to retain at the end of the season, unfortunately he may have a problem with trying to sell some of those he does not want after what they have shown they are capable of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    While its plain to see that relegation is unavoidable for us although not certain as yet.

If we are to continue with Kompany, then is it time for us to use the players who are committed to BFC, and any who are likely to want away, let them warm the bench. I am sure Kompany knows now who he would like to retain at the end of the season, unfortunately he may have a problem with trying to sell some of those he does not want after what they have shown they are capable of this season.
    I’d guess vintage that’s what he’s doing or trying to do anyway - Dakill hasn’t featured but seems to think he should be from the Belgium press etc
    Zaroury allowed to go on loan - because he won’t tow the line.

Tresor - not involved

I’m unsure re massengo

Roberts - on loan view to leaving because he has a bad attitude and won’t conform

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’d guess vintage that’s what he’s doing or trying to do anyway - Dakill hasn’t featured but seems to think he should be from the Belgium press etc
    Zaroury allowed to go on loan - because he won’t tow the line.

Tresor - not involved

I’m unsure re massengo

Roberts - on loan view to leaving because he has a bad attitude and won’t conform
    In no way shape or form have either Ekdal or Al-Dakhil been any worse than O'Shea.

Houston - we have a problem.

In no way shape or form have either Ekdal or Al-Dakhil been any worse than O'Shea.

Short memory again BT - early doors he got out muscled - our fought so many times , hence why he lost his place.

Doesn’t mean he’s a bad player he’s just being dropped in the best league in the world as a very young man and asked to stop very clever footballers in his first go at it.

That story can be applied to a lot of our players tbh , they may yet become the players VK things they can / will be.

O’Shea has had a bad few weeks tbh but he doesn’t have anyone with him either that talks organises etc.

All of us have played with people not good enough at some point - I once filled in for a Saturday team when I’d finished playing tbh at 41 and a lad at full back wouldn’t throw the ball to me because he said I had a man marking me - I explained after it’s 11v11 didn’t mean he was a bad player just learning on the job as he went, like alot of our players.

As uncomfortable as that is, it’s true.

Ekdal is too slow for the Premiership - I like him as well - honest footballer who will do his best.

Al-Dakhil too puny, Berge too slow, Ekdal too slow, Foster not right in the head.

The Tea Lady will simply have to go.

Name:  tea lady.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  14.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, that is a very leading question and one that I intimated about a few weeks ago when the club's finances etc. were being discussed. Michael Caine used to have the perfect saying for this sort of thing.
    Indeed he did Supersub. You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off but not many people know that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)