+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dajaune Brown

I'm quite certain that anyone else on here would have noticed the lack of OT in the title, meaning there is a relationship to DCFC in the content...

Just like the "Election year or fear" and "Careless Tories" threads immediately below this thread have relationships to DCFC, as they have no OT header, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just like the "Election year or fear" and "Careless Tories" threads immediately below this thread have relationships to DCFC, as they have no OT header, you mean?
    You can't blame me for other posters' deficiencies. My OT posts get prefixed with OT.

I’m not sure how necessary the OT thing is…it’s fairly obvious whether something is DCFC related or not isn’t it, but apologies for not marking the ‘Election’ thread appropriately.
    I am confused by the ‘Sticky’ label…what does it actually mean or do…all seems a bit meaningless and random.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m not sure how necessary the OT thing is…it’s fairly obvious whether something is DCFC related or not isn’t it, but apologies for not marking the ‘Election’ thread appropriately.
    I am confused by the ‘Sticky’ label…what does it actually mean or do…all seems a bit meaningless and random.
    Sticky means it stays (sticks) at the top of the list. Once out of date, such as a matchday thread, an Admin/Mod removes the "sticky" qualification and it moves to its rightful place in the "Last Post By" column in chronological order.

OT? Signifies "Off Topic" and is helpful to those only interested in "on topic" threads.

Thanks MA…I understood the OT thing…just don’t get the point, surely the title has already provided any necessary clarification for most.

As for ‘stickies’…still don’t get it…again surely those threads that attract the most attention, which are always likely to include the latest matchday thread, will be at the top anyway.

Doesn’t really matter tbh. What puzzles me is…people (some) moan about the non DCFC threads but it’s always them that seem to generate the most interest/response eg ‘Election Year’ 222, ‘Careless Tories’ 863, Typical Matchday Thread 15-25.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-03-2024 at 03:17 PM.

That's hardly surprising as a match day thread has a very limited life cycle (2 weeks?) whereas those politico threads such as Brexit just "go on giving" for about 8 years so far I think.

So a typical match day thread is 25-30 posts I reckon, and remains live for 2 weeks. If it was live for 8 years it would be about 8*26*30 = 6250 posts long. Brexit thread must be not dissimilar and has at least 2000 repetitive post with people continually making the same point

I believes football related topics were "forced" to the top of the list to avoid newcomers having to wade through a slough of ****e before getting to the DCFC threads, and thus being put off participating...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    That's hardly surprising as a match day thread has a very limited life cycle (2 weeks?) whereas those politico threads such as Brexit just "go on giving" for about 8 years so far I think.

So a typical match day thread is 25-30 posts I reckon, and remains live for 2 weeks. If it was live for 8 years it would be about 8*26*30 = 6250 posts long. Brexit thread must be not dissimilar and has at least 2000 repetitive post with people continually making the same point

I believes football related topics were "forced" to the top of the list to avoid newcomers having to wade through a slough of ****e before getting to the DCFC threads, and thus being put off participating...
    Fair point…although I deliberately avoided the ‘Brexit’ thread and the ‘Election’ thread hasn’t been up for a whole month yet, whereas the current third DCFC ‘Sticky’ has attracted a huge ten responses in nearly two months.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-03-2024 at 04:51 PM.

How nice it would be to get a real talent who's been on loan gaining some experience. We can but hope.

65th minute sub last night at home to Solihull Moors, scored in the 85th, can't find video of it as yet. Lost 2-3 and Moors went 3rd with the win.

Apart from the BSM Trophy lark, PW seems totally reluctant to use our youngsters. Damned shame IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)