+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United accounts to 2023

Quote Originally Posted by simplebrin View Post
    Your gripe seems to be relatively wealthy owner doesn't want to spend large amounts of his own private wealth on the club. It's up to him.
    You've misread my points (or gripe) which were about our stagnancy, but it's a constant source of amusement that people are so caught up with this notion that owners should be able to not put money into a club because it's their own money. Why TF would you buy into a club if it's not to get the very best out of it? Some sort of altruism where you end up with a stadium and a business rising in value each year? It's a viewpoint I'll never understand.

...making stuff up about the clubs finances
    Making what up? Our ability to increase revenue is poor? The club is wrapped up with a small handful of firms, which obviously impact the revenue streams? We're thriving rather than existing?

Why is there more to it? The full accounts are viewable on companies house - see link
    https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Most of the increase (Nearly £4m) can be attributed to Salaries, NI etc. That will be 100% on players.

My concern would be, how do they bring it line for next season. People seem to think there's a massive pot of unspent TV and transfer money available.

If the club pushed things more and spent more money this season as rumoured, they should communicate it to supporters and be pretty honest about it.
    You already know how the club will bring it in line.
    Cost cutting across the whole club to balance the books as much as possible.

I don't doubt the Financial Director at the club has already done a few forecasts for next season.

A % salary cut to players that drop down a league and are still here.
    Match day costs should decrease because there won't be huge away support in League 1.

Hopefully a big majority of Sponsorship will stick with the club although I expect some to walk away.

They could maximise their assets.....
    Viktor, Cameron Humphreys, Ollie Rathbone, Hakeem Oddoffin, Christ Tiéhi etc...
    All depends how far they want to cut to the bone.

Me personally I would drop back to League 1 and try to improve the infracture.
    Maybe try a couple of the youngsters to supplement the squad although the young lads get praised quite often they're deemed not good enough as of yet.

No rush to get back to the Championship for me.
    Need one or two adjustments to the business.

Sheff wed have released their books today. Wage spend of 14 million in league one.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Sheff wed have released their books today. Wage spend of 14 million in league one.
    Fan base bigger, bigger Turnover, bigger losses after Tax .
    At least they're heading in the right direction and showing some b@lls this season.

I don't think our Accounts are too bad after Tax.
    Sustainable atm.

When we talk about wages, lots think it's only the players. Have a look at the "other workforce" inside the front of the programme.

When we are relegated into L1, I think we get 11% parachute for 1 year, so every little helps.

Southampton have shown 87 million in the red

That's why you'd think we'd be an attractive proposition to buy,cayton. But we've all heard the daft stories surrounding the alleged collapsed sale last year. It's probably not going to happen. It's not just the ridiculous manager appointment and his boring dated style that's putting off people(including many season ticket holders) attending matches !

To be honest if we are going to spend a bit more I’d rather it was on infrastructure eg training ground and maybe scouting/youth coaching. All of those can be expensive to keep going but that’s the sort of thing that will help keep us competitive longer term. Burnley did pretty well to spend their Premier League riches on things like that.

We’ll still be a good draw for players in a league below.

The lack of ambition is clear. We shouldn't be happy until the club is losing at least twenty times as much as it is.

Seriously though, it could be said that the figures show that the club can get promoted from League 1 on the back of a 'moderate' loss, but can't hold it's own in the championship on the same.

Football is an anomaly of an industry.Accounts therefore,should be viewed as such.How many other industries are there where the scale of losses are viewed as relative success? The central point to this is 'ego'! Trust me,I know. It is happening all over the country.It is the easiest way to gain media attention,TV interviews,Photos,you name it.RUFC has about 8000 customers,which is a pittance to what other Companies that no one has ever heard of have and that includes companies in Rotherham alone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast