+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley FC MAKE SENIOR LEADERSHIP APPOINTMENT

Barnsley FC MAKE SENIOR LEADERSHIP APPOINTMENT

Club News
    REDS MAKE SENIOR LEADERSHIP APPOINTMENT

Barnsley Football Club can today announce a further addition to the Club’s Senior Leadership team.
    Ann Hough joins the Reds as our Head of Football Operations and Club Secretary having recently left Huddersfield Town. Ann joined Huddersfield over 30 years ago, during which time she climbed the ranks to become Operations Director and joined the Terrier’s board of Directors in 2007. Ann was named Woman of the Year at the 2017 Yorkshire Awards following promotion Huddersfield’s promotion to the Premier League.
    Ann will be responsible for all of the men’s and women’s first team football operations as well as the administrative side of the football department including academy and starts work immediately.

Following her appointment Ann said: “I am thrilled to join the staff at Barnsley, once Jon had made contact with me to discuss the newly created position I was immediately excited by the vision and direction that the board clearly has for the men’s, women’s and academy teams in the coming years.
    "I have worked in Football in this region for many years and I know how passionate the fans are and how hungry they are for success. I look forward to supporting Neill, Jess and Mladen as well as helping to guide some of the other hard-working staff already in place at Oakwell.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me, and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone around the Club.”
    CEO Jon Flatman added: “Ann brings a wealth of experience and knowledge with her to the Club, she is widely regarded as one of the best administrators and operators in the game who has worked at the highest level.
    “As soon as we saw an opportunity to bring her to Barnsley we jumped at it. It has been very important that we bring in a candidate with a proven track record to oversee the other hard-working people in the department and we are thrilled that Ann has agreed to join the staff at Oakwell.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 04-03-2024 at 04:42 PM.

She Houghed and she puffed and she blew the house darn

Pleased with this appointment. Experience in how a fooball club works. A good appointment

That FA Cup debacle certainly kicked some butts in to gear .

The FA charges once resolved might kick some more butts too.

Let’s get it out of the way and move on.

Along with the CEO Flatman recent appointment this new appointment also looks positive - of course time will tell.

I have said for long enough that I thought that our owners were out of their depth in running a football club but I have to say that my initial thoughts on employing MrFlatman & this experienced secretary will definitely improve our expertise off the pitch , I wish them both good luck with their new jobs & hopefully the penny has dropped in the board room , we will see.

I can’t think of anything negative to say about these latest off the field appointments.
    Onwards and upwards.

The club seem to have all bases covered.

Chairman-Neerav Parekh
    Director Jean Cryne
    Director James Cryne
    Director Julie Anne Quay
    Shareholder Paul Conway
    Shareholder Chein Lee
    Shareholder Grace Hung
    CEO Jon Flatman
    Finance and Operations Director Robert Zuk
    Sporting Director Mladen Sormaz
    Head of Football Operations and Club Secretary Ann Hough
    Match Day Operations and Player Liaison Coordinator Chris Ridyard
    Head Coach Neill Collins
    Assistant Head Coach Martin Devaney
    Assistant Coach Jon Stead
    Director of Goalkeeping Thomas Fawdry
    Director of Sport Performance and Analysis Matt Cook
    Physical Preparation Coach James Walsh
    Lead Physio TBC
    Lead Performance Analyst Tom Yeomans
    Performance Analyst Ed Davies
    Head Kit Man Chris Lee
    Kit Man Oliver Harper
    First Team Playing Staff
    Recruitment Team
    Press and Media Team
    Admin Team
    Commercial/ Marketing Team
    Hospitality/ Events Team
    Barnsley in Community Team
    Academy Manager Bobby Hassell
    Head of Academy Recruitment Mick Tarney
    Head of Academy Coaching Sam Collins
    Senior Professional Development Phase Transitional Coach Tom Harban
    Lead Professional Development Phase Coach Nicky Eaden
    Head of Academy Goalkeeping Bobby Mimms
    Lead Sports Scientist Will Stapleton
    Ten further Academy Posts
    Academy Players.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-03-2024 at 04:10 AM.

I hope Jean Cryne approves of Ann Hough's dress sense and there is no "bitching" going on as was alleged between Jean and the previous Club Secretary Eleanor Dobson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast