+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Takeover talks

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Disagree with that, the more money behind us the better, Ogren was and has been a positive thing for us overall, he's put millions in too, the doldrums of laszlo and how weak we were on and off the pitch in 2018 is scary and not something I'm gonna forget because after 4 years of improvement it went wrong last year

Mistakes of trusting TA too much and not sorting the gk situation definitely seen us take a couple steps back but still stronger than we were when he found us or we would not be bouncing back at first time of asking

Best bet is something like Brentford taking a part ownership but I'll believe it when I see it, hoping there is substance in the rumours
    We took 10M steps back. ££££

There is truth in the investment talk, although more likely Brighton than Brentford at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by ScotinUSA View Post
    Where would we be today without Ogren having taken over when he did.
    Who knows? Maybe we'd have found someone else to invest who'd have us in a far better position than we are now. Financially his tenure has set us back years.

That’s right, but don’t think there were many others mentioned with any strong conviction. I suppose it could have been better or a whole lot worse. We will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Would love to see the club ran on a sustainable basis with any profit made reinvested into the club for the betterment of DUFC.

Absolutely no interest in venture capitalists that want to use our club as a vehicle for self-enrichment.

And absolutely no USA owners ever again please.

Ultimately, I want control of DUFC in the hands of supporters.
    It's a nice idea but the current valuation of the club is between £6 and £12 squillions ..

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    It's a nice idea but the current valuation of the club is between £6 and £12 squillions ..
    If thats all it would take to buy the club against the reported wealth of some reported suiters, then why is this not already a done deal? Is Ogren a better business man than we give him credit for and is expecting a better price for a Premiership level club?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If thats all it would take to buy the club against the reported wealth of some reported suiters, then why is this not already a done deal? Is Ogren a better business man than we give him credit for and is expecting a better price for a Premiership level club?
    Yeah, higher value based on Premiership status. And we've obviously attracted interest but hard to know how serious that is.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We took 10M steps back. ££££

There is truth in the investment talk, although more likely Brighton than Brentford at this stage
    I guess we won’t know whether the Ogren family have provided us a good legacy and how we judge the last few years in our history until we find out who he sells on to.

Brighton or Brentford owners would be ideal for me. Plenty money and know what they are doing.

Main thing is someone who knows what they are doing and can support club financially

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Yeah, higher value based on Premiership status. And we've obviously attracted interest but hard to know how serious that is.
    Have we attracted interest though? My thinking is that some consultancy firm somewhere has come up with an idea around creating feeder clubs and touted that to a number of clubs doon sooth. Said consultancy company then creates a wonderful sales brochure, journalist gets hold of it and asks questions and all of a sudden 2 clubs are making moves and we would interest a club like Liverpool. Bullskit sales speak and poor journalism until i see something to believe in!

Dont think anyone can blame me for being too cautious in all of this, but a Mystery Man met a man with a plan that he pitched to an investor, and look where we are now!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Have we attracted interest though? My thinking is that some consultancy firm somewhere has come up with an idea around creating feeder clubs and touted that to a number of clubs doon sooth. Said consultancy company then creates a wonderful sales brochure, journalist gets hold of it and asks questions and all of a sudden 2 clubs are making moves and we would interest a club like Liverpool. Bullskit sales speak and poor journalism until i see something to believe in!

Dont think anyone can blame me for being too cautious in all of this, but a Mystery Man met a man with a plan that he pitched to an investor, and look where we are now!
    I don't know for certain that clubs have looked at us, just read on the forums a couple of reliable guys that say they have. I think your cautious approach is right because even if it's true it might not lead to anything.

Who would have thought, money laundering in Dundee. Or any sort of money in Dundee.

You should get Gestafeno or whatever his name was from the early 2000s to come back to Dundee but this time do UTD

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)