+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Takeover talks

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    ..see the trouble with takeover chat, the owner is trying to put us in the shop window, so I would be taking all these conversations and leaked details with a big pinch of salt! I mean, the Liverpool story was literally someone saying that data would suggest that someone like Liverpool might be interested in investing!!!! I am sure there are interested parties...but we are gonna hear some absolute pie in the sky bullsh1t over the next few weeks!
    You're surely not suggesting Ogren managed to get that report done himself?

Not at all...but I guarantee that if you wrote down all these stories from now until we are eventually sold...there would be some hilarious reads! I mean, this is probably how we ended up with Ogren in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Profitability hinges on A staying in the Premiership and B regularly producing players that can be sold on for significant fees.
    I would argue that B depends on A

Ogren has done neither.

Its possible that a local business consortium could do A but they would have to rely on getting it 100% right to do B as well.
    Guys that own the likes of Brentford have proven history of doing both A and B. I think it would be a major step forward for the club and I don't think it suddenly makes us a feeder club either.
    I don't think there is any profit to be made at a club like ours. Occasionally yes, but not long term.

If run perfectly there is a profit to be made Terry, what you're suggesting is it's impossible.
    But you may be right, a club cannot be run perfectly if the obscene turnover of Managers persists.
    You'd have to agree that a club cannot possibly be run perfectly if it's going through 5 managers in 3 years & that would have to change.
    But sadly managerial stability is currently becoming more farcical.

The only serious way to make a profit is through the recruitment model of bringing in players of potential and selling them on for a hefty profit. That is where the likes of Brighton have got it spot on and they make heavy use of data analysis. Get your recruitment right not only do you make profit on sell on fees it is more likely you will be successful on the park which brings its own rewards though in the Scottish context admittedly isn't huge in monetary value unless you get some kind of run in Europe.

A problem like that is a club like Brighton can sell a player on for silly money, especially with an "English" tariff. We will be scraping the lower Scottish leagues unless we find a gem from England. They already provide a better showcase window and wages so I think we would be lucky to pluck someone from there and sold for a good profit.

Worth a try though coz the last 10 years of banging our head against a wall has only given us misery.

Would love to see the club ran on a sustainable basis with any profit made reinvested into the club for the betterment of DUFC.

Absolutely no interest in venture capitalists that want to use our club as a vehicle for self-enrichment.

And absolutely no USA owners ever again please.

Ultimately, I want control of DUFC in the hands of supporters.

Disagree with that, the more money behind us the better, Ogren was and has been a positive thing for us overall, he's put millions in too, the doldrums of laszlo and how weak we were on and off the pitch in 2018 is scary and not something I'm gonna forget because after 4 years of improvement it went wrong last year

Mistakes of trusting TA too much and not sorting the gk situation definitely seen us take a couple steps back but still stronger than we were when he found us or we would not be bouncing back at first time of asking

Best bet is something like Brentford taking a part ownership but I'll believe it when I see it, hoping there is substance in the rumours

Where would we be today without Ogren having taken over when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Would love to see the club ran on a sustainable basis with any profit made reinvested into the club for the betterment of DUFC.

Absolutely no interest in venture capitalists that want to use our club as a vehicle for self-enrichment.

And absolutely no USA owners ever again please.

Ultimately, I want control of DUFC in the hands of supporters.
    I'll second this 👍

About time the club was run within it's means by those who care about it long term.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)