+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who would you let go?

Who would you let go?

Players out of contract this summer: Joe Wildsmith, Liam Thompson, Tom Barkhuizen, Conor Hourihane, Korey Smith, Martyn Waghorn, Louie Sibley, James Collins, Craig Forsyth, Scott Loach, Dwight Gayle

Still 10 games to go but as things stand I'd go for Tom Barkhuizen, Conor Hourihane, Martyn Waghorn, Scott Loach, Dwight Gayle being let go.

If we go up I'd be tempted to let Fozzy go as well

You’re a hard man, MA.
    Too early to judge Gayle imo. Otherwise I wouldn’t disagree except perhaps where Fozzy is concerned. He’s the DCFC equivalent of a ‘National treasure’ and, certainly if we don’t go up, I’d give him another year…still the best left back in the club and a better CD than Bradley, again imo.

As you suggest…much must depend on what level we’re at next season.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-03-2024 at 05:16 PM.

I am in the camp of CH being nowhere near as bad as some make out. I think hed do a job even in the championship, I also like TB.

Fozzy to stay on regardless.

Also keep Waggy if the deal works for us money wise. And Liam Thompson too.

Definitely keep wildsmith and Collins and Smith.

Would have been easier to read your instructions and say who I'd let go.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I am in the camp of CH being nowhere near as bad as some make out. I think hed do a job even in the championship, I also like TB.

Fozzy to stay on regardless.

Also keep Waggy if the deal works for us money wise. And Liam Thompson too.

Definitely keep wildsmith and Collins and Smith.

Would have been easier to read your instructions and say who I'd let go.
    Barkhuisen Hourihane Loach unless we don’t have a decent third keeper elsewhere, waghorn or Gayle if we can’t offload Washington, and if Fozzy is fit keep Bradley on the bench. Have I said that before?

I'm not bothered if we go up, who we'd lose. But if we stay in this league, I wouldn't want too much of an overhaul. Not picky about individuals

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Players out of contract this summer: Joe Wildsmith, Liam Thompson, Tom Barkhuizen, Conor Hourihane, Korey Smith, Martyn Waghorn, Louie Sibley, James Collins, Craig Forsyth, Scott Loach, Dwight Gayle

Still 10 games to go but as things stand I'd go for Tom Barkhuizen, Conor Hourihane, Martyn Waghorn, Scott Loach, Dwight Gayle being let go.

If we go up I'd be tempted to let Fozzy go as well
    irrespective of which league we are in, we need upgrades on Waghorn and Barkhuizen. Loach as 3rd keeper is fine. Would like to see how Gayle does before forming an opinion, though his record at Stoke suggests he is not a championship forward.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    irrespective of which league we are in, we need upgrades on Waghorn and Barkhuizen. Loach as 3rd keeper is fine. Would like to see how Gayle does before forming an opinion, though his record at Stoke suggests he is not a championship forward.
    When we signed him I had a gander on some Stoke forums. The general opinion seemed to be that he'd lost confidence after finding the net in each of his first 8 or 10 games and seen them all chalked off, some rightly so, others not..

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    When we signed him I had a gander on some Stoke forums. The general opinion seemed to be that he'd lost confidence after finding the net in each of his first 8 or 10 games and seen them all chalked off, some rightly so, others not..
    Thats interesting, certainly the way he took his goal was indicative he hasn't lost the knack of either being in the right place at the right time or indeed where the goal is.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)