+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Livesey article

I have had a week in Spain to reflect on the happenings at Turf Moor this season. Let us keep stability, leave VK in his post and we will pi$$ the Championship next season. Just watched Real Madrid live, OMG 3-0 and hardly broke a sweat. That is football at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have had a week in Spain to reflect on the happenings at Turf Moor this season. Let us keep stability, leave VK in his post and we will pi$$ the Championship next season. Just watched Real Madrid live, OMG 3-0 and hardly broke a sweat. That is football at its finest.
    I went to the Bernabeu on a visit to Madrid a while back. Probably the world’s most iconic football stadium. Somewhere I always wanted to go. The forward line included Zidane, Owen, Beckham, Raul, and Ronaldo( the Brazil version ) They brushed aside Real Sociedad 5-0 that night. A pleasure to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Because Dyche did it, no guarantee Kompany will. Dyche never got us relegated with such a weak non descriptive bunch of players, with so few points.
    This side and the manager is an embarrassment to our football club and all it stands for. They are weak, spineless, clueless, unorganised and not fit to lace boots of Dyche or any of the sides he has ever put out
    Are you sure your a Burnley fan ballcock ?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I have never witnessed anything like the atmosphere inside the Bernabeu army88. Astonishing and it’s the Bees up next after blowing a 2-0 lead. Can hardly wait!

Of course I am a Burnley fan, though not one of our manager, who has made a right pigs ear of this season

Of course I am a Burnley fan, though not one of our manager, who has made a right pigs ear of this season
    We all have different opinions that's what makes this forum so entertaining Ballcock.

I, like most Burnley supporters was euphoric at the end of last season, who would not be, we had returned to the premier league at the first time of asking and showed that we were a class above the other championship sides. The icing on the cake being we clinched the title at Ewood Park, how to bitter rivals Blackburn Rovers, it seemed that Vincent Kompany could walk on water.

I expected that we would being in some players during the summer particularly replacing our older squad players. We signed Jordan Beyer, who had been on loan with us in the championship and expected we would have tried to sign Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Nathan Tella and Ian Maatsen, who all had impressed during our championship winning team.

What I did not expect, was the wholesale changes to our championship winning team. Apparently Machester City wanted too much money for Taylor Harwood-Bellis, but we paid them well over the odds for James Trafford. We tried to sign Nathan Tella, but again we would not pay their asking price, and Southampton would not negotiate and who could blame them after the chairman’s daughter released her “Free Nathan Tella” video. We are told that we reached agreement with Chelsea for Ian Maatsen, again for a reportedly excessive fee, but he did not want the permanent move to Burnley.

So, we started our return to the premier with a squad of young player who may or may not have some potential, but no experience at this level. The fixture list was not kind to us in that we started the season playing some of the best teams in the league. It soon became obvious that our defence was exceptionally suspect and it did not take teams very long to exploit that weakness, yet our coaching staff have been either unable or unwilling to rectify the problem that has been caused by poor recruitment in the defence.

Losing the pace of Nathen Tella and the personality of Ashley Barnes left a big hole in our strike force. The onus of scoring in the main fell to Lyle Foster and Zaki Amdouni, unfortunately illness and injury to Lyle Foster during this season as again shown that poor recruitment as let us down.

The question that needs to be asked is who was responsible for the poor recruitment and are they going to be given that responsibility in the coming summer transfer window, where we will be more than likely playing in the Championship, and I do not expect that we would be so successful as last season.

"The question that needs to be asked is who was responsible for the poor recruitment and are they going to be given that responsibility in the coming summer transfer window"

That's two questions VC.

Imo the answer to those questions is, Vincent Kompany and Yes.

Keep the faith a bit longer ballcock - if he doesn’t sort it I’d be with you but I have a sneaky suspicion he will and we’ll be all the stronger for it.

I suppose it’s all about if he gets the time afforded to him, Dyche did.

Keep the faith a bit longer ballcock - if he doesn’t sort it I’d be with you but I have a sneaky suspicion he will and we’ll be all the stronger for it.

I suppose it’s all about if he gets the time afforded to him, Dyche did.
    He will.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)