+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only a club legend will be given enough time to sort this

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    No, but apparently some people think we need a defensive coach........😉
    We need a defense first!

Quote Originally Posted by MillmoorRon View Post
    We need a defense first!
    Or even a defence!

Or even a defence!
    Maybe a fence would be a better bet.

We need a defense first!
    Or even a defence!
    Always makes me laugh that the US use defense but all the sporting crowds hold up the D-Fence signs

Name:  DFence.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  19.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    How do you know the details of this though Ulley?

Also, you didn't answer the points about the recents comms in the video linked. Isn't this comms with fans? And what other clubs can you point to that have the kind of comms that you are expecting of our leaders?
    Because TS says he's taking on a caretaking job (on the video), and talks about sorting hotels whilst continuing with 95% of his prior role. These videos are infrequent and feel completely out of kilter with how modern businesses communicate their values, brand identity, their objectives, speak positively about changes to roles, etc. I don't care about other clubs enough to examine their comms and operations, I don't know why anyone would, or how they'd be signed up to the relevant channels to keep updated - I just know what I see and hear from my club, and I know how businesses run that I'm involved with. It's not really relevant to me how others operate, I just don't like the fact that my club (for so many reasons) feels like something from the olden days.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Because TS says he's taking on a caretaking job (on the video), and talks about sorting hotels whilst continuing with 95% of his prior role. These videos are infrequent and feel completely out of kilter with how modern businesses communicate their values, brand identity, their objectives, speak positively about changes to roles, etc. I don't care about other clubs enough to examine their comms and operations, I don't know why anyone would, or how they'd be signed up to the relevant channels to keep updated - I just know what I see and hear from my club, and I know how businesses run that I'm involved with. It's not really relevant to me how others operate, I just don't like the fact that my club (for so many reasons) feels like something from the olden days.
    Ok, please tell me more about how you think the club should be communicating their values, brand identity, objectives. For someone who is demanding quite a lot of very high standards from the club, you seem blissfully uninterested in how the competition in the same industry do it yet extremely keen to tell the people who have brought us the most successful decade in my 50 years of supporting the millers how they should be doing it, without of course telling them specifically how they should be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    How likely do you think it is that a manager would say he was unhappy with the backing he'd had from the chairman? Hmm.
    I think that it is likely that if they are quietly not happy with the backing, they would probably not come out and say they were very happy with the backing. As Warne did, you'd keep quiet and get on with the job within the means you decided to take the bloody job! Taylor clearly felt he'd made a breakthrough in the funds allocated to him, spent a lot, albeit much coming from Ben and Dan sales, brought in some big players on big (for us) wages and said so. Sadly, the players he bought have proved not to be the good signings most of us were excited by.

Ok, please tell me more about how you think the club should be communicating their values, brand identity, objectives. For someone who is demanding quite a lot of very high standards from the club, you seem blissfully uninterested in how the competition in the same industry do it yet extremely keen to tell the people who have brought us the most successful decade in my 50 years of supporting the millers how they should be doing it, without of course telling them specifically how they should be doing it.
    Oh I see, you just wanted a moan, not a conversation... yeah, gonna pass. Bored of the TS attack dogs. Have a good one.

I think that it is likely that if they are quietly not happy with the backing, they would probably not come out and say they were very happy with the backing. As Warne did, you'd keep quiet and get on with the job within the means you decided to take the bloody job! Taylor clearly felt he'd made a breakthrough in the funds allocated to him, spent a lot, albeit much coming from Ben and Dan sales, brought in some big players on big (for us) wages and said so. Sadly, the players he bought have proved not to be the good signings most of us were excited by.
    Hmm, have you ever worked in an autocratic organisation?
    I have and people were very careful about what they said and it wasn't usually what they really thought.
    However, autocracies usually have a period of initial success and then things start to fall apart because people become less inclined to accept the strictures of the regime.
    I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Oh I see, you just wanted a moan, not a conversation... yeah, gonna pass. Bored of the TS attack dogs. Have a good one.
    Didn't think you could.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast