+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Only a club legend will be given enough time to sort this

Only a club legend will be given enough time to sort this

The way I see it the future is we may drop straight into L2 or languish in L1 for a few years.

Thinking of promotion in the next few years should be evidence enough to condemn you to an asylum. It ain' t gonna happen.

So the only type of person who would be given time to manage the club through this difficult period must be a club legend.

I really wanted a foreign coach to implement a structure which would drag us up to date with more progressive clubs. I have grown tired of dinosaur football and the fossilised attitudes of some of the fans.

My dream is to have the most intelligent footballer the club has ever seen- Kari Arnason- to develop a blueprint for the club.

Failing that it will have to be another person who the fans already love, to navigate the choppy waters.

Richard Wood
    Hurst

Any others?

Frecklington

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Frecklington
    Now you are talking
    Got his coaching badges?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    The way I see it the future is we may drop straight into L2 or languish in L1 for a few years.

Thinking of promotion in the next few years should be evidence enough to condemn you to an asylum. It ain' t gonna happen.

So the only type of person who would be given time to manage the club through this difficult period must be a club legend.

I really wanted a foreign coach to implement a structure which would drag us up to date with more progressive clubs. I have grown tired of dinosaur football and the fossilised attitudes of some of the fans.

My dream is to have the most intelligent footballer the club has ever seen- Kari Arnason- to develop a blueprint for the club.

Failing that it will have to be another person who the fans already love, to navigate the choppy waters.

Richard Wood
    Hurst

Any others?
    I know a good foreign coach....

Mercedes..

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Go on then I'll have a nibble seeing as there are so many 'Stewart out/sort out at the top' type of messages here and on social media. Just interested in why you think we will plummit/languish when evidence for the last few drops is that we go down, and in league 1, our historic player budgets tend to place us in the top 6 or so in the league so, given the right manager (big 'if' I grant you, but LR has done it before) what is the basis for thinking we will plummit? Wouldn't the most logical thing be that, based on recent history, that we will have a comparitively favourable budget boosted by an undoubted Viking sale, get rid of the dead wood, build around the spine of Cam/Haks/Tiehe/Basil/Sam and we should be in a good position to surely mount a play off spot.

So what makes you think we will plummit with this in mind? Is it purely that you think LR will struggle even with that spine, thatyou think there is a financial change at the club or something else? The only worry for me with Tony (based on evidence of recent seasons) is that he will get pissed off with all the slating and jack it in selling us off to more precarious hands who will be at best willing to gamble our future to do everything that many fans are hollering for.

Wood Hurst Frecks avin a laugh! Evans would say a legend here only man for the job.

John Terry ..?.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    John Terry ..?.
    I would go for that but fans haven't the patience lorca southerner

Árnason has no experience. Intelligent footballers don't necessarily equate to good managers, much the same as prodigiously talented players don't transfer very much to management styles or abilities.

The best way to get time for a manager to get the club on a solid path, with clear plans, would be for the club to communicate more with the fans. Doesn't matter so much who it is, so long as everyone is clear about the future, where we're hoping to go, and how we intend to get there. Above all else, my biggest gripe with the current ownership is the old-fashioned approach to running a business in a world where consumers expect to see more of the workings, have greater understanding of what's ahead, and see a real conviction in those running the club.

Richard Wood 100% should be brought back

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast