+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Away record upto now

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He changed the formation at half time and we played far better second half. 🤔
    Yeah,but we could all see how horrible that line up was before kick off,and certainly 10 minutes into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Yeah,but we could all see how horrible that line up was before kick off,and certainly 10 minutes into the game.
    Yeah, I agree. As soon as they scored the original plan was never going to work.

It's honestly not personal with JG tbh,I just want a successful Dundee United the same as everyone else. I wasn't in favour of his appointment because of his sheep demise and the Darvel humiliation which made him figure of ridicule. It then got worse after the post split matches obviously and he's not really done that much to convince me since despite looking like getting us up again. I think he's going to have to improve a lot if he stays on but I'll go into the new season with hopeful optimism regardless.

Winning the Championship and promotion IS success for Dundee United this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Winning the Championship and promotion IS success for Dundee United this season.
    Of course it is,I just don't want us bouncing right back down again.

Firstly, I like JG. I think he is an honest pro and has put in a lot of effort with the team and the club. That should be applauded. He has had to deal with a club that has had major changes on and off the field and pretty much build an entirely new team. On the whole, I think he has done well with this.

Secondly, he has been tasked with getting us promoted.. and he is on the brink of doing that. So once again, he should be applauded.

However, the football at times has been very conservative to say the least and some of our losses this season have been embarrassing. At times it has felt that JG has put the handbrake on and it has cost us points. That is a worry for next season!

Whether he stays or goes, I am not too bothered...as long as it is sorted out quickly. If he does stay, then we need to get another coach in to work with the attackers. We have consistently been poor in the final third, and the fact that JG has identified it after several games and struggled to fix it would suggest that he needs a hand with managing this area.

I am however, only looking one game ahead. I have been a United fan for far too long to start counting my chickens too soon. I just want this league won...then we can start looking to the future. We may have potential new owners if MO manages to sell up......so all bets will be off if that happens anyway! Let's just enjoy the next couple of weeks before we start dismantling the club and let these players and the fans enjoy what will hopefully be a one season jolly! Lets finish the season with a bang!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Firstly, I like JG. I think he is an honest pro and has put in a lot of effort with the team and the club. That should be applauded. He has had to deal with a club that has had major changes on and off the field and pretty much build an entirely new team. On the whole, I think he has done well with this.

Secondly, he has been tasked with getting us promoted.. and he is on the brink of doing that. So once again, he should be applauded.

However, the football at times has been very conservative to say the least and some of our losses this season have been embarrassing. At times it has felt that JG has put the handbrake on and it has cost us points. That is a worry for next season!

Whether he stays or goes, I am not too bothered...as long as it is sorted out quickly. If he does stay, then we need to get another coach in to work with the attackers. We have consistently been poor in the final third, and the fact that JG has identified it after several games and struggled to fix it would suggest that he needs a hand with managing this area.

I am however, only looking one game ahead. I have been a United fan for far too long to start counting my chickens too soon. I just want this league won...then we can start looking to the future. We may have potential new owners if MO manages to sell up......so all bets will be off if that happens anyway! Let's just enjoy the next couple of weeks before we start dismantling the club and let these players and the fans enjoy what will hopefully be a one season jolly! Lets finish the season with a bang!
    I dont think he meant to be conservative I just think he dosnt know how to get a team to have a pattern of play to play in any kind of style. Its like the last few games he's just said **** it, go long and look for knockdowns.

Having said that I think he will be here next season UNLESS HE decides to go himself.

It's simply that he's went back to what worked early season and having Docherty fit and sharp allows that

ie

Docherty Sibbald
    Kai Watt Middleton
    Moult

We had 2-3 months of not being able to do that and at the same time injuries here and there to Gallagher, Moult etc, the win in Inverness in Jan was a big one as we were very light that night, then playing Grieve and Spoony post window , plus young ones at times

When he's played his strongest mid/front we've excelled for the most part

He's the one that built that team, molded it quickly to hit the ground running for the league starting, it's worked and only for RR having a phenomenal season by their standards was it not comfortable all the way

He built good spine of a championship team, not easy in one summer transfer window, got a bit lucky maybe in that denham showed up so bad so early, and got Gallagher in. Unlucky in that docherty missed big chunk of season, but drop off to tilson massive, and insistence on playing grieve so much baffling. On one hand I think we have ended up with these players due to lack of a transfer strategy to help the manager, on other worrying he seems to rate them.

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with reviewing the manager position at end of the season, next season we aren't going to have superior team that playing best team guarantees wins, so getting it tactically right going to be key, and Goodwins decisions last few months been questionable at best.

Problem is you are relying on ogren to make football decisions on overall recruitment strategy etc...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)