+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Away record upto now

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    He brought on Tillson for Moult when we were 4-1 up,this tells me that I don't want him here next season regardless of whether we win the title. We were always meant to win this piss poor division anyway and should have played every game on the front foot instead of some of the baffling shyte he's come up with. Delighted to be where we are right now but I firmly believe it's despite him and not because of him. We need better for next season.
    This 100%,
    Jim got lucky twice.
    1-by having to play 2 central defenders that could defend but couldn't do tippy happy. Jim had to go high press which meant the team were on front foot, clearly a more comfortable set up for the players, and a more enjoyable watch for fans. Before that, we were having a major wobble and a lot of folk were worried after the draw with ICT.

2- Raith also having a wobble.

Happy as feck that we are now in this position, Jim seems a nice guy and talks well, but we'll be back down again before next season's split if he remains as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I am pretty sure that JG won't be at the club next season. I think he will be happy if he wins the league with United and will leave with his head held high, hopefully with a Championship win on his CV. I think next season is likely gonna be an another transitional season...we have a lot of players out of contract and we may well have new owners. I doubt JG wants to risk staying and will be offski to try his hand somewhere elsewhilst his stock is on the rise. Pointless speculating at the moment but I can see us moving quickly, once the league is wrapped up.
    That rings true with me Weegie. His interview, good as it was, with Jonathan & Co after the game smacked of someone who wasn't going to be here next season, there seemed a distance, a division.

We could be mimicing a Gary Bowyer/Funster move, win the league & **** off.

He brought on Tillson for Moult when we were 4-1 up,this tells me that I don't want him here next season regardless of whether we win the title. We were always meant to win this piss poor division anyway and should have played every game on the front foot instead of some of the baffling shyte he's come up with. Delighted to be where we are right now but I firmly believe it's despite him and not because of him. We need better for next season.
    Bringing on Tilson for Moult was the right decision imo. Moult could have got injured the way that thug Baird was throwing himself about and the game was won anyway so why not bring on a holding midfielder for a striker?maybe if it we were drawing or losing then I'd get your thinking but we were up 4-1.

If Goodwin wasn't our manager next season then I wouldn't lose any sleep but I don't think he deserves a lot of the 5hite he gets and I really do think your expectations throughout this season have been unrealistic because this was always going to be a bit of a slog and not a walk in the park plus the unexpected challenge of Raith Rovers has pushed us all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Bringing on Tilson for Moult was the right decision imo. Moult could have got injured the way that thug Baird was throwing himself about and the game was won anyway so why not bring on a holding midfielder for a striker?maybe if it we were drawing or losing then I'd get your thinking but we were up 4-1.

If Goodwin wasn't our manager next season then I wouldn't lose any sleep but I don't think he deserves a lot of the 5hite he gets and I really do think your expectations throughout this season have been unrealistic because this was always going to be a bit of a slog and not a walk in the park plus the unexpected challenge of Raith Rovers has pushed us all the way.
    Expectations of winning this division at a canter with our budget versus Raiths unrealistic, nah.

This division is utterly shyte and Jim has been negative as f*ck,all the last few games have proved is that he was getting it wrong before. As AJ says,he got lucky and ended up with a different central defence by default rather than choice. We'd still be playing the same way as before but for injuries. Good luck to him when he moves on though,but I want us to stay up if we get up.

Ageee Tilson for Moult was bang on.

I think the criticism of him last season was harsh as we were doomed, did well first half of this season, again criticism harsh, though his reluctance to tweak things when we couldn't break teams down a question mark, but since Raith defeat away for me he has cost us games with some shocking choices which make me doubt he would survive next season, and if we have the same transfer strategy as next season we are in trouble.

Taking moult of was 100% right decision, but no need to put Tilson on, unless it's absolutely needs must, he isn't even good at what he's meant to be good at, runs around getting nowhere near the ball and leaves gaps, him and grieve down there with likes of Stewart Murdoch as dreadful championship signings, and highlight lack of scouting depth we have at moment.

Team flying just now, picking itself, so don't want to be harsh or negative, but serious discussion/decisions needed in tannadice minutes we (fingers crossed) secure promotion), problem is ogren is clueless regards football.

Watched game on tv and thought it interesting when Goodwin was asked about his colour of trainers. He replied something along the lines of- when I left home today in GLASGOW. Did this mean he lived in Glasgow while managing the Sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Ageee Tilson for Moult was bang on.
    Taking off Moult was the right decision, but bringing on Tillson wasn't. He didn't affect the game whatsoever and it was negative as f*ck. We'd have wrapped this league up a lot earlier but for Jim's negative and often baffling management style. Don't let this create the impression I'm not happy as f*ck this morning though,because I am. But I just don't think JG is the man to take us forward next season. Maybe I'm wrong ,but that's how I feel.

I agree with this 100%

It’s not easy to win any league - and it’s not won yet

Need to regroup and get right players to compete in the division

I hope JG stays but more than that there is no way he deserves criticism when he has steadied the ship after the disaster of TA and Liam Fox

We were down in champsionship for 4 seasons until we went up in covid season

Ridiculous to think winning league is always easy

Yes it is what we want but it still takes some skill

We finished third in seasons we didn’t get promoted included behind likes of Falkirk

Taking off Moult was the right decision, but bringing on Tillson wasn't. He didn't affect the game whatsoever and it was negative as f*ck. We'd have wrapped this league up a lot earlier but for Jim's negative and often baffling management style. Don't let this create the impression I'm not happy as f*ck this morning though,because I am. But I just don't think JG is the man to take us forward next season. Maybe I'm wrong ,but that's how I feel.
    Yeah maybe not Tilson but a midfielder to save Moult's fitness and safety was fine with me.

You are part of a small section of our support who's always hated Goodwin and that's just the way it is. He's never ever going to win these fans round. Look I'm not his biggest fan, he's made plenty mistakes but I don't get how guys like you and TEK and many others are so negative when we're finally putting our stamp on the league.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)