+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Individual opinions will vary. Maybe based on our own, (lowly in my case !) experiences playing.
    Birmingham AFA late 60s through 70s on Saturdays and Sutton Sunday League the following morning ! As an old fashioned No 5, I skippered both sides with a different attitude to Kyle. I would try and lead by example, rather than the constant pointing and blame apportioning, so apparent with Bartley.
    He is a tremendous header of the ball, but in my humble estimation, positionally dire. Seems focussed on directing rather than acting.
    Interesting that a large chunk of his career started by being sent on loan ?
    I would much prefer AJ, but always happy to read others’ views.
    I’ve a feeling you were expecting my response Baggieal buddy !

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Individual opinions will vary. Maybe based on our own, (lowly in my case !) experiences playing.
    Birmingham AFA late 60s through 70s on Saturdays and Sutton Sunday League the following morning ! As an old fashioned No 5, I skippered both sides with a different attitude to Kyle. I would try and lead by example, rather than the constant pointing and blame apportioning, so apparent with Bartley.
    He is a tremendous header of the ball, but in my humble estimation, positionally dire. Seems focussed on directing rather than acting.
    For such a positive poster you really do seem to have it in for Bartley Paul! 🤣😏

Has he run over your cat or chatted your missus per chance!?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We might possibly be the worst side to ever make the play offs.

I can’t understand why Weiman doesn’t start, he’d hold the ball up better than Wallace and he’s more dangerous.

Where was Bartley tonight?
    Weimann's scored a couple of decent goals but from the evidence of my own eyes I think he'll have more of an influence from the bench.

As for Jed he's a wide player trying to do his best for the team and while he's no centre forward his pressing game is good as is the currently injured Asante's.

Given our current resources there's a leftfield option of Chalobah or Ajayi but neither inspire so if you're looking for an out and out striker you best get busy building one with a pile of matches 😉.

Well my view is that whilst Kyle can get caught out Ajayi has the positional acumen of a jellyfish in a tsunami 😉.

Prando everyone has an opinion and it’s well respected especially from a regular like your good self. If I can make the Bristol match would love to buy you and the mrs a beer in the Vine.

The finger pointing does not bother me as don’t mind anyone who is aggressive or ruthless if they are a winner’. Nice guys without any content do not float my boat - Bug Dave as a manager being one. He’s now taking Port Vale down!

Bartley would be one of the first on Carlos’s team sheet if he were fit. Yes there are faults but this season the guy on the whole has been solid. We certainly have a hole in the defence when he’s missing - like last night!

If Bartley was not injury prone and on an average wage - I would take him every time over AJ who always has a mistake in him. I do agree though due to age, wage and being less injured AJ is the future over Bartley.

Some slagged off Grady but yes he’s light weight but no way would Asante have scored those two fantastic goals with a first touch That’s magic last seen by Pereira. I like Pipa more than Reach - last night Pipa showed aggression with shirt pulling and tackles but did the simple things right. Does Reach have a hair out of place at the end of a match from his lovely locks!

Pieters has done well but he’s no Bartley and too slow.

I would love Bartley to re-enforce the defence for the run in as Townsend is poor and there’s that to consider too. Bartley for me reminds me of a poorer version of Dawson and Evans and both these players would absolutely walk back into our team with ease even now. Both are playing in the Premier and some slagged them off unbelievably when they played for us! Not me as they were immense and nearest thing to Bartley.

The world would be boring if everyone thought the same. Problem last night was Mowatt for once - had an off game so the pressure became relentless.

Your laugh at this Prando - looked at my wife’s calendar a couple of weeks ago and saw the mother in law was coming over this Sunday. I quickly purchased tickets for Huddersfield and played all innocent when my wife told me her mum was coming to lunch! Such a shame I had already bought match tickets - NOT!

If you read the BBC report of the QPR match, you will learn that Tom Fellows is our right back; we must all have misunderstood Carlos’ team tactics and positioning………….!

BBC, ‘kin useless, only interested in London clubs and their beloved Manure.

We do actually have a centre forward, but he’s sat on the bench, he’d be a better bet than Wallace ( who’s tried very hard), go on Carlos be brave drop your mate and give Jovan Malcolm a go

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    We do actually have a centre forward, but he’s sat on the bench, he’d be a better bet than Wallace ( who’s tried very hard), go on Carlos be brave drop your mate and give Jovan Malcolm a go
    Wouldn’t be averse to giving him a go but he is another forward who prefers cutting in from the left. He's not a 'traditional' lead the line centre forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    For such a positive poster you really do seem to have it in for Bartley Paul! 🤣😏

Has he run over your cat or chatted your missus per chance!?

I prefer goals to come from all over the team. Interestingly the top goal scorers this season play for lower half of the table teams. Who do you mark when goals come from everywhere? I think this is why we’ve been a threat this season. Football has changed over the years. Do we even have a traditional number 9 anymore?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)