+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: AFC Wimbledon (H) 09.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    What utter nonsense Banjo. They have had superb support home and away. Those that attend have a right to express their opinion, both good and bad. The one thing I expect for my money is commitment and effort. You cant always win but you can always try.
    Most have definitely, as for the people booing during the game for me it’s absolutely pathetic.

What utter nonsense Banjo. They have had superb support home and away. Those that attend have a right to express their opinion, both good and bad. The one thing I expect for my money is commitment and effort. You cant always win but you can always try.
    Have you not seen the **** dished out on the facebook group -shameful !!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I agree with BJ. In answer to Hoppie, how about a free pie and cup of Bovril at half-time?
    Wouldn’t go as far as that but a bit of commitment and righting the continuous defensive mistakes wouldn’t go amiss.
    If fans boo it’s for a reason and as a paying audience they have a right. Not rocket science for the team to realise they put hard earned cash into the club and deserve to put their point of views across.
    I don’t agree with abuse and dont boo but I have refused to applause some of the recent performances.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Have you not seen the **** dished out on the facebook group -shameful !!
    No. I dont do Social Media. Unless this forum counts???

It is an occupation in which you are trested like deities when winning and vilified when losing. You cannot accept one and not expect the other.

Occupational hazard of Pro football.

Fans pay their wages at this level. They would do well to remember that.

Im not advocating distasteful abuse, but criticism if warranted should be voiced.

No. I dont do Social Media. Unless this forum counts???

It is an occupation in which you are trested like deities when winning and vilified when losing. You cannot accept one and not expect the other.

Occupational hazard of Pro football.

Fans pay their wages at this level. They would do well to remember that.

Im not advocating distasteful abuse, but criticism if warranted should be voiced.
    You have to remember some people’s idea of support is only going on Facebook and coming on here and that’s it, if you’ve paid to get in you are entitled to say if it’s value for money or not!

Can I still have an opinion if I watch it on i follow ha ha. Facebook is full of absolute tw@ts, I'd pay no attention to them if I were a player, I wouldn't think alot of them went anyway. Notts have had good support this season home and away, to suggest the players have had more **** than support is bull**** as BJPIE states. You play **** though then you'll get ****. Play well and you'll get the plaudits. It's not hard to figure out that lately we've seen probably more **** than good. Plus it's a case of players looking and acting like they give a crap and stop the stupid defending, people are getting sick of the defence continually ****ing up.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Can I still have an opinion if I watch it on i follow ha ha. Facebook is full of absolute tw@ts, I'd pay no attention to them if I were a player, I wouldn't think alot of them went anyway. Notts have had good support this season home and away, to suggest the players have had more **** than support is bull**** as BJPIE states. You play **** though then you'll get ****. Play well and you'll get the plaudits. It's not hard to figure out that lately we've seen probably more **** than good. Plus it's a case of players looking and acting like they give a crap and stop the stupid defending, people are getting sick of the defence continually ****ing up.
    I, as a long-standing Notts supporter (not fan) may moan about the result (which I do if they play poorly) but I never say the players and Manager are a load of **** and don’t deserve the shirt etc. I can’t do every match now because of health issues but I will still be there whenever I can.

Can I still have an opinion if I watch it on i follow ha ha.
    Absolutely you are supporting the club through that, like the long distance supporters who sponsor a player etc or through other means.

I don't bother listening to any pre-match interviews because they are invariably bland, but I always listen to post-match interviews when I've been at the game to see if they agree with what I saw. I agreed with 80% of what Maynard said today, but the other 20% concerned me, especially when he said "we aren't equipped to deal with balls into the box". Really? Dealing with balls into the box is a huge part of winning games. I don't know if it was a subtle dig at the owners and recruitment or the players, but it seemed like an admission of defeat to me. His job is solving the weakness, not broadcasting it to other teams.

For what it's worth, I don't think we are equipped to deal with balls in the box with the players we've got. Even at 0-2 down we put a couple of really good balls in but their defender always got there first. We just don't have that type of player, our defenders are good on the ball but they don't bust a gut to be first to the ball. It should be a massive part of our summer recruitment, and I hope the brothers have learned the lesson that effectiveness often beats pretty.

Can I still have an opinion....
    Limits on speech become limits on sincerity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast