+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday Thread: Gas v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    They didn't but close enough....Peterbro staging a comeback though after a dodgy run, but we're now net 2nd after all games in hand and best GD. Bring on Bolton 😄
    Not a bad afternoons work! The Barnsley result just shows how topsy turvey this league is, but lets hope we can achieve some consistency from now on.

They didn't but close enough....Peterbro staging a comeback though after a dodgy run, but we're now net 2nd after all games in hand and best GD. Bring on Bolton 😄
    Posh now just 4 points behind with a game in hand, they have to play Bolton and Pompey but both at home. Our home defeat to them with 2 late goals conceded could still come back and bite us on the 'arris!

I accidentally deleted my long response, so I'll simply say...
    Get in Yoooouuuuu Raaaaaaammmssss!!!!

Great result and first time I think 2nd place net taking into account games in hand etc

Reading first, GP. Six points from the next two games and I’ll be genuinely optimistic…but I almost wish they were away

Looking at some online posts at HT, I had to smile. The gist was "God, Derby are boring". I saw that as "scoreboard and stat driven opinion".

0-0 at HT. They'd had 1 shot which was off target. We were credited with 4, all off target although I viewed 3 of them as crosses. Those stats might persuade one to agree with the online opinion. I actually enjoyed the first half. We had 66% possession. Spent much of the half in their half of the field. There were some lovely passages of play which, alas, led to nothing but that was more down to Bristol's well organised defence than any great problems with our play.

Bristol were always going to have some passages of play, especially as they were the home team and couldn't really play the 2nd half hoping for the counter. That was always going to favour Derby as it would give us more room in our attacking third. That is how it turned out. They had 2/3 possession in the 2nd half, produced 5 shots, 3 on target but, IMO, only the Marquis header which was straight at JW, was dangerous and he'll be kicking himself for not scoring. At the other end we had 11 shots, 5 of which were on target, 3 went in and how Cash couldn't get it in off his thigh from a yard out will remain a mystery.

IMO it was a very good performance in a very enjoyable game which saw us showcase good defence and good attacking prowess. Here's hoping for more of the same this Tuesday and Saturday.

Post deleted as it appeared twice. When I first posted it I got a message saying "database error" and took that to mean it had failed to post. I resubmit a few minutes later and, boom, it's there twice.

Anyone on here know why Matt Hamshaw got red carded at HT in the game?

I presume he had a go at the ref...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Looking at some online posts at HT, I had to smile. The gist was "God, Derby are boring". I saw that as "scoreboard and stat driven opinion".

0-0 at HT. They'd had 1 shot which was off target. We were credited with 4, all off target although I viewed 3 of them as crosses. Those stats might persuade one to agree with the online opinion. I actually enjoyed the first half. We had 66% possession. Spent much of the half in their half of the field. There were some lovely passages of play which, alas, led to nothing but that was more down to Bristol's well organised defence than any great problems with our play.

Bristol were always going to have some passages of play, especially as they were the home team and couldn't really play the 2nd half hoping for the counter. That was always going to favour Derby as it would give us more room in our attacking third. That is how it turned out. They had 2/3 possession in the 2nd half, produced 5 shots, 3 on target but, IMO, only the Marquis header which was straight at JW, was dangerous and he'll be kicking himself for not scoring. At the other end we had 11 shots, 5 of which were on target, 3 went in and how Cash couldn't get it in off his thigh from a yard out will remain a mystery.

IMO it was a very good performance in a very enjoyable game which saw us showcase good defence and good attacking prowess. Here's hoping for more of the same this Tuesday and Saturday.
    For our second goal I was surprised their central defender just let NMLs cross run past him to TB, did he deserve a post match *******ing for lack of effort or am I asking too much? I’d have expected someone like Nelson to have lunged in

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    For our second goal I was surprised their central defender just let NMLs cross run past him to TB, did he deserve a post match *******ing for lack of effort or am I asking too much? I’d have expected someone like Nelson to have lunged in
    I thought that , even if he didn't get it he didn't seem to try. Still a nice goal though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)