+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mikey Johnston

Scottish football is awful. Celtic and Rangers don’t have any opposition so they live in a false sense of quality. I think they would both struggle in the championship. Mid table at best. Scottish football is no yard stick at all.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Scottish football is awful. Celtic and Rangers don’t have any opposition so they live in a false sense of quality. I think they would both struggle in the championship. Mid table at best. Scottish football is no yard stick at all.
    I probably watch even less Fitba than you Boingy but what goes on over the wall at the moment is irrelevant to an extent given they'd be playing this side of the wall with this side of the wall's resources to enhance their commercial advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I probably watch even less Fitba than you Boingy but what goes on over the wall at the moment is irrelevant to an extent given they'd be playing this side of the wall with this side of the wall's resources to enhance their commercial advantages.
    Celtic got “arched” by Hearts at the weekend, Rangers got done at home by the powerhouse that is Motherwell.

They have many more “riches” than ourselves already the both of them and they still produce poor quality football.

They can’t keep hold of their better players and managers and they can’t attract even mediocre “star” players.

Put them in a 46 game Championship season and I wouldn’t put any money on them winning the division or going up in second.

They’re capable of the odd miraculous European night and then get hammered in the majority of Champions League games.

When we were a lower to mid range Prem side I’d have taken us to beat them 8 out of 10, now I’d say it would be more likely to be evens or one result either way.

Maybe we should start up the Texaco Cup again to test ourselves out…..my old coins must be worth something by now!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Celtic got “arched” by Hearts at the weekend, Rangers got done at home by the powerhouse that is Motherwell.

They have many more “riches” than ourselves already the both of them and they still produce poor quality football.

They can’t keep hold of their better players and managers and they can’t attract even mediocre “star” players.

Put them in a 46 game Championship season and I wouldn’t put any money on them winning the division or going up in second.

They’re capable of the odd miraculous European night and then get hammered in the majority of Champions League games.

When we were a lower to mid range Prem side I’d have taken us to beat them 8 out of 10, now I’d say it would be more likely to be evens or one result either way.

Maybe we should start up the Texaco Cup again to test ourselves out…..my old coins must be worth something by now!🤣
    Or maybe you could appreciate I haven't said a word about what they could do down south right here and now.

Johnston cutting in from the left has reaped dividends so far. But others will or should catch on and address it. He may of course just found the right club for himself.
    League of Ireland football is perhaps top first division/low championship standard.
    Scottish football as it stands no more then championship/ lower Premier league. But would quickly change as albion68 posted.

If his form continues then we should look to make the deal permanent at the end of the season, provided the price fits. He clearly fits our current system and his goals are class, but as has been said above they are very similar and he only seems to have one good shooting foot.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer Albion players with two feet. As in one on either side. Apologies to anyone associated with the Albion Foundation teams, no offence meant 😉.

Suddenly we have someone who can create something out of nothing, and all on his own. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I prefer Albion players with two feet. As in one on either side. Apologies to anyone associated with the Albion Foundation teams, no offence meant ��.
    Perhaps we’ll sign Hoppalong Cassidy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Johnston cutting in from the left has reaped dividends so far. But others will or should catch on and address it. He may of course just found the right club for himself.
    League of Ireland football is perhaps top first division/low championship standard.
    Scottish football as it stands no more then championship/ lower Premier league. But would quickly change as albion68 posted.
    I’m amazed he’s been allowed to cut in identical goals 3 times. The opposition must have discussed it but little Mikey just seems to fast, positive and direct and accurate for it to make any difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)