+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Argyle moved to Friday night due to lack of interest

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Sky have a new deal with the EFL to show 248 League 1 games next season (taking over from iFollow) which means they're going to be moving games around in League 1 too now.

But they have agreed to provide longer notice periods for TV selections.

EDIT: Snap.
    Have I missed a change to the 3pm Saturday blackout, or does this mean a lot of weekend fixtures will change time along with an absolute ton of midweek games covered?

Scratch that, Article 48 remains... so we're going to have an awful lot of fixtures moved - and even more so if we do well. Sky really have done it now.
    Last edited by UlleyMiller; 08-03-2024 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Found answer

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Have I missed a change to the 3pm Saturday blackout, or does this mean a lot of weekend fixtures will change time along with an absolute ton of midweek games covered?

Scratch that, Article 48 remains... so we're going to have an awful lot of fixtures moved - and even more so if we do well. Sky really have done it now.
    I read somewhere a while ago (can't find the link now) that Sky will show 10 EFL games each weekend (5 from the Championship, 5 from League one and two) and apparently half of these will kick off at 12:30 on Saturday with the other 5 spread out over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I read somewhere a while ago (can't find the link now) that Sky will show 10 EFL games each weekend (5 from the Championship, 5 from League one and two) and apparently half of these will kick off at 12:30 on Saturday with the other 5 spread out over the weekend.
    It's on the link I posted 3 messages up

As previously mentioned, a shockingly changed fixture for the Argyle fans but, would a lot of them travelled up had it been a Saturday fixture?

248 L1 games in 5 years so. It’s only 1 game per match week

Or is it 248 games season
    Last edited by pip_y; 08-03-2024 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    248 L1 games in 5 years so. It’s only 1 game per match week

Or is it 248 games season
    Season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123