+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full support of the board

(What we have in the building) is starting to wear a bit thin.

Giving it 110% - how is that possible?

Has the Boards full backing. Your getting sacked very shortly in other words

"There's no easy games at this level", as if it's the only division in which nobody ever gets thrashed and you'll never run into a team on a losing streak. It only applies to managers who are out of their depth.

Manager has to go he's lost the changing room!

Quote Originally Posted by metrocab View Post
    Manager has to go he's lost the changing room!
    Love this one. I can just imagine him scratching his head and saying. "I put it down somewhere"

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Love this one. I can just imagine him scratching his head and saying. "I put it down somewhere"
    It's always in the last place you look!

Referring to the team or squad as "the group" seems to have become a cliche in modern times. "Not getting too high after a win or too low after a defeat" is another.

You just know these phrases, and others, are drilled into coaches on various badge training courses, making managers and coaches these days sound increasingly like automatons rather than individuals. Isn't there also an affectation about this kind of language, with football folk trying to sound more sophisticated than they are and making the job of kicking a ball around seem far more exclusive and complex than it actually is?

If that had gone in, it would have been a goal. No sh1t Sherlock.

"Philosophy of the club" rather than "style of play", as if we're now promoting the idea that consciousness does not exist except as an image which describes the interplay of events within the brain.

Also, commentators turning up at a club currently in the promotion spots and in a great run of form describing the home fans as "educated" for not booing or becoming inpatient with their team continuing to pass the ball about during the first half after conceding an early goal.

Not quite cliches but Michael Owen has had some brilliant quotes over the years.

1. “If there’s a bit of rain about, it makes the surface wet.”

2. “What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on.”

3. “Footballers these days often have to use their feet.”

4. “I love these players with two feet.”

5. “Blackburn have got two strikers on and they’re both playing up front.”

6. “Whichever team scores more goals usually wins.”

7. “When they don’t score they hardly ever win.”

8. “It’s a good run, but it’s a poor run, if you know what I mean?”

9. When asked what was the last film he saw by The Guardian: “It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life.

10. To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast