+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predictable?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And no, I dont like this and I suspect every ST owner will feel the same, great relationship management.
    Two matters from me on that presented MOT article.

Point 1.
    So, ST Holders must attend 80% of the home league games at Elland Road or they will not be invited to renew for the following season the MOT report says.

As a ST holder of over 25 years the wording of "Attendance" is actually deemed to include:

1) Personal attendance at a match by a Season Ticket Holder using their Season Ticket.

2) Attendance at a match by a friend or family member of the ST Holder using the official ‘Ticket Forwarding Scheme’.
    (As i do currently).👍

3) A Season Ticket Holder puts their seat up for resale via the official ‘Ticket Exchange’ scheme in operation.

Like most other Club’s the above ensures as many supporters as possible get to see the team whilst encouraging fans to "monetise matches they cannot attend" making season tickets more affordable.

Season Ticket prices will not be dependent on Divisional basis & start at £18.87/£22.84 per game for adults and £3.74/£4.53 per game for under-11s (Championship/Premier League). Supporters can spread the payment of a Season Ticket across a 6 or 10 month instalment plan.

To be fair i've no probs with the clubs policy criteria but did raise an objection regarding future ST plans regarding concession pricing as for a while in the past, i was eligible for that rate & really appreciated it as money/budgets at that time were tight for me as they are for others now.

Trust Responds to Season Ticket Price Rises
    https://lufctrust.com/article/trust-...et-price-rises

Point 2.
    Not easy to travel to games for example !

Chelsea Away tickets went on sale to Leeds United members on a first come, first served basis at 10.30am on Wednesday (Feb21) morning.
    Leeds fan Sam posted on Twitter later that same day stating the problems with the game kick off time schedule.
    Cos if visiting fans did'nt want to have to leave early then they would not be able to make the 10pm booked return train back to Leeds especially if the tie went into injury/extra-time & penalties.

So the only option to get back on the train that night therefore in that event was the one that left at 11.33pm.
    So fans travelling back from London Kings Cross station to Leeds accused London North Eastern Railway (LNER) of hiking up prices from £47.45 for the 10pm train back to a jaw dropping staggering £218.65 for the one later at 11.33pm ! 😡

Sam certainly got a lot of sympathy from other Twitter users, with 'printable comments' including "the whole UK rail network is a joke", "the UK continues to rip us all off and still the service is appalling" & "needs nationalising".

Other Leeds fans raged that the train journey back home cost more than a trip to Europe, with a return flight on the same day to Pathos, Cyprus, costing as little as £69 while a 1,340-mile journey from London to Barcelona would cost just £73.

So yeah - not easy planning weekly trips to Leeds games even with tickets, TV schedules & rip off transport nowadays, for sure.

On balance most ST fans i know understand & accept why the club has had to do it.
    Yes, the cost of living crisis is causing families to cut their budgets & many of which were already small to begin with, sadly.
    Families who've never needed financial support before are desperate for it now as one small change can leave a family completely vulnerable. All points put to the club by various supporters organisations on a regular basis i'll add.

The wider balanced view for me is that the club is listenening & doing its best in dire financial times but we still play in front of sell out stadiums regardless of pricing & transport costs - so a tough call was made in the circumstance.

Cheers MT v good explanation of some of the background detail.

Orgs - you better start making more trips over here 😎

I suspect that any ST holder who isn't a millionaire (and can presumably afford their own private jet travel) and who lives outside the UK can wave goodbye to it.

Nope they put the tickets on the secondary market via the official ticket resale site.

Another grey cloud evaporates 😎

I’ve had my ST since 1988.

Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I’ve had my ST since 1988.

Not a problem.
    Then you might be well advised to see what the implications are for ST resales for the '20 year plus" ST holders.

Orgs knows the score and is always ahead of the game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)