+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbroath (H) 09 Mar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Maybe we should use the Away dressing room ��

I think we will return to our normal passing/possession game plan today. Hopefully we get a decent performance and our steikers have their shooting boots on. I think our set pieces might be the difference in this game. I'm going 2-0.....Holt and Middleton

Eh must of missed it, but why are United wearing black armbands the day?

Easy win today by the look of things, but only to be expected. Didn't see the game so can't comment too much but looks like Goodwin was quick to hook Moult,was that because of injury or just him missing sitters? Shame Raith won,by more than 1 goal too! Hopefully Thistle can take at least a point on Tuesday night. Big game next Friday night,we need to keep winning, no time for anymore limp performances.

First i will say it was only Arbroath, but i fairly enjoyed that today.

Thought everyone who started did quite well in the first half, but Doc showed exactly why he has been missed. We did drop off a bit after going 2 up, but it was never in doubt. Tony got a well deserved MotM just for his first goal, but Sibbald, Doc and Thomson could put in a claim for that as well.

Thought Kai was unlucky with some of his runs today, but while Middleton had a better showing, he is becoming really frustrating to watch, especially when you see Sibbald come over and showed him how to do it! Moult as well, he just wasnt his usual self and maybe guilty of letting his 1v1 miss get to him too much as i thought Gaston did very well to force the ball out wide.

Moults replacement though! I had real concerns about that laddie Grieve, and to be honest he didnt do too much after his goal, but the control and composure to advance then lay the ball off to Watt, and the way he took his goal was a breath of fresh air. Watt though should have gone for his hat trick soon after but obviously was trying to help others get in on the act.

Something Stoke said the other week about Tony shouting at the youngsters, i actually herd some of what was shouted today, specifically to Thomson, Moult and Kai. All i heard was advice to keep the head up with things not always working. Middleton got the same when he missed his 1v1.

Less said about Grimshaw and Tillsons contribution, the better!

BTW, its sad i know to keep track of this, but we are at that time of the season where we have ensured that relegation and playoffs are not a concern, and while we are guaranteed to finish above Dunfermline and Queens, Ayr on the same points have a game in hand of the 3 on 32 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Easy win today by the look of things, but only to be expected. Didn't see the game so can't comment too much but looks like Goodwin was quick to hook Moult,was that because of injury or just him missing sitters? Shame Raith won,by more than 1 goal too! Hopefully Thistle can take at least a point on Tuesday night. Big game next Friday night,we need to keep winning, no time for anymore limp performances.
    His head seemed to visibly go down after his 1v1 miss, but i dont know why with the number of goals this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    His head seemed to visibly go down after his 1v1 miss, but i dont know why with the number of goals this season.
    Maybe he had a niggle? Could explain his head going down

I'm gonna watch the full game back later so I'll see for myself, should be a decent watch for a change. Can we not just play these c*nts every week?🤣

Could have had a real barryload the day. Arbroath are a league 1 side in reality and we never looked in any danger of losing this as they are nowhere near the team they have been under Dick and his bro.

Middleton looks totally devoid of confidence as a confident player buries those chances easily and Moults chance too was easier to miss. Watt did ok but MOM was surely a piss take😂his 1st goal was a fluke as to me it looked like a cross that went in and my granny could have tapped in his 2nd.....Sibbald and Docherty are looking good together but their replacements were FAF....Grimshaw and Tilson - the new Lampard and Gerrard😂😂...I really hope the aforementioned pair don't get injured 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Easy win today by the look of things, but only to be expected. Didn't see the game so can't comment too much but looks like Goodwin was quick to hook Moult,was that because of injury or just him missing sitters?
    Injury. Was touch & go before the game.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)