+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbroath (H) 09 Mar

Arbroath (H) 09 Mar

Following on from Tuesday and with Raith in a derby, there once again feels like there is the possibility of a ‘breakout’ moment. We’ve had a couple of opportunities latterly to really get ourselves properly clear for the first time this season, most notably obviously the game against Raith recently. Tomorrow may well be another of those chances as something may give in Kirkcaldy tomorrow. They may not lose but dropping points is a possibility. We failed to take advantage of that against Airdrie and to a slightly lesser extent against Partick. If such a situation arises again tomorrow, failure to take advantage by not beating Arbroath, at home, would be unforgivable.

I think we will though and if we can manage to extend our lead by ten to five tomorrow to 6 points (or even 7) I think that will prove to be the watershed moment that releases the pressure somewhat particularly with the games coming up before we play Raith again.

Rovers will win. Like with us, they have the Pars number this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    dunno like, Pars are getting players back and they will not want to be beaten for the 6th time from them this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Even more important that we win then.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    dunno like, Pars are getting players back and they will not want to be beaten for the 6th time from them this season.
    We live in hope. 🧡🖤🧡

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Even more important that we win then.
    Yeah no question we need to be winning games like tomorrow. 👍

I've been thinking all season Dunfermline would take points off Raith due to their local rivalry, but so far they've caused us more problems. Raith have defensive problems/injuries, but they seem to react well to being behind us in the league as opposed to leading, and mcpake seems to be a serial loser in derby matches.

Tomorrow should be a great opportunity for us to get back to back wins, wetherspoon and docherty potentially fit for run in, some shoots of hope there. But recent performances, inconsistency from manager, would be naive to assume any match will be straightforward right now.

We just need to win, we can't affect the other games, of course would be great but RR may go abs win Sat and away at Partick Tues, so aslong as we win we keep a point lead at worst going into the Friday game at Dunfermline

I think we will win but can see it being tighter than the previous meetings and end up 2-0

I am more hopeful of Raith slipping up on Tuesday at Firhill.

I have a feeling tomorrow will not be straightforward for us

We have a terrible home record and Arbroath are always capable of a surprise.

Personally I’d like to see us play attacking players that can unlock teams with their passing and I’d include Glass in that category.

Also think Cudjoe showed against QP he can be an asset

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)