+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts...Barnsley-v-Lincoln

Without Roberts Linclon would be eight up at least!

That sums us up.

The manager was a defender and we as a team after 37 games still cant defend.

Its very concerning to say the least.

That’s what I call a bloody good thumping from the Imps and well deserved too.
    Only one team with good energy pressing today and it wasn’t us.

I think we all knew the starting eleven needed freshening up today and true enough we looked leggy from the off. The final whistle couldn’t come quickly enough.

I need cheering up so luckily timed it’s the Costa Blanca tomorrow roll on.

What makes matters worse is Kane now misses 2 game, it never rains but it pours.

Stayed until the very end. But that was embarrassing.

Like men against boys throughout and our defending was some of the worst I’ve seen. Nobody came out with credit.

said it before the game & will say it again, talking about finishing in the top two is an absolute nonsense , on our day we are a decent third division outfit but we are no way near promotion material , we are a shadow of last years team & they were not good enough ,but hey we have had a decent run & fans do what fans do and get carried away , fans need to take their red and white glasses off , the defence have been poor all season and today they were totally exposed , the French lad has been touted as the next big thing well the only thing he is big at is making big mistakes, although he had ample company in that department today, although Lincoln only had 6 shots on target and managed to score 5 does not show how many mistakes we made at the back and got away with, we were truly awful. Anyway well done to Lincoln , you can see why they are currently the form team of the league but Mr Collins has a tough job lifting them for the match on Tuesday , we need at least a point & more so a decent performance if we want to keep the challenge up for a play off place , one thing is we might just see if there is any character in this side , we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    said it before the game & will say it again, talking about finishing in the top two is an absolute nonsense , on our day we are a decent third division outfit but we are no way near promotion material , we are a shadow of last years team & they were not good enough ,but hey we have had a decent run & fans do what fans do and get carried away , fans need to take their red and white glasses off , the defence have been poor all season and today they were totally exposed , the French lad has been touted as the next big thing well the only thing he is big at is making big mistakes, although he had ample company in that department today, although Lincoln only had 6 shots on target and managed to score 5 does not show how many mistakes we made at the back and got away with, we were truly awful. Anyway well done to Lincoln , you can see why they are currently the form team of the league but Mr Collins has a tough job lifting them for the match on Tuesday , we need at least a point & more so a decent performance if we want to keep the challenge up for a play off place , one thing is we might just see if there is any character in this side , we will see.
    I'd like to think I'm somewhere in the middle generally speaking Shad with the club .

I've said countless times that we've all seen over the years what it takes to get promoted automatically from this league , we all could see that Stendel's team was head and shoulders above this and last season's squad .

The thing is I don't particularly think the teams above us are anything special either so there was always the possibility that we could get over the line , momentum and confidence are huge attributes and I do think overall we have shown real fighting qualities over the season .

Any hope of the top two was extinguished today , to say the least , not one player could hold their head up after that shambles , as bad a performance you'll see and they got what the performance deserved .

Collins has to clear the players heads and bin the negative energy because if he doesn't that play off place could be in jeopardy .

Imperative that we bounce back at Carlisle on Tuesday evening , a defeat up there could take some coming back from as far as the rest of the season is concerned .

The problem he faces is that other than the changes forced on him through injuries and suspensions he's pretty much hamstrung in making changes out of choice .

There isn't anyone on that bench who should be starting in my opinion .

Think thy over reacting here Animal suggesting that a play off place may be in jeopardy. 10 points from our remaining 10 games would get us in the play offs imo. That'd be 77 points and with respect to Stevenage and Oxford, I can't see both those clubs getting above 77+ points.

For me the play offs are an absolute certainty. Ad put mi house on it.

It's to be hoped we don't meet Lincoln in the play off's and make no mistake they will be in there! Of their remaining games they have Oxford away and Pompey away on the last day and the rest are against lower half teams!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Think thy over reacting here Animal suggesting that a play off place may be in jeopardy. 10 points from our remaining 10 games would get us in the play offs imo. That'd be 77 points and with respect to Stevenage and Oxford, I can't see both those clubs getting above 77+ points.

For me the play offs are an absolute certainty. Ad put mi house on it.
    Well at the exact same time last season Wednesday were top of league one , six points ahead of Ipswich and Plymouth and had two games in hand on them both .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    That’s what I call a bloody good thumping from the Imps and well deserved too.
    Only one team with good energy pressing today and it wasn’t us.

I think we all knew the starting eleven needed freshening up today and true enough we looked leggy from the off. The final whistle couldn’t come quickly enough.

I need cheering up so luckily timed it’s the Costa Blanca tomorrow roll on.
    Enjoy the Costa..! Im going to wait till tuesday to decide if we come back Friday night, or Saturday night. Lose Tuesday, and i am fishing Hopes Nose.
    Come back Friday, and i may be picking me orn nose.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast