... don't make good reading to my untrained accounting eye.

Figures taken from page 4 of the Annual Report and Financial Statements for the period ended 30 June 2023. QUOTE The Company generated an operating loss of £10.6m which included profits on disposal of player registrations
and associated costs, primarily relating to compensation payments and contingent transfer receipts, of £1.6m.
The loss for the period was £30.4m which includes a goodwill impairment charge of £19.7m in relation to the
purchase of the Group (in Administration). The impairment of goodwill relates to the association of negative
cash flow generation from the purchase of the trade and assets of the Group (in Administration). UNQUOTE

I think 23/24 will show less of a loss but, still, a loss. There will still be some fans clamouring for us to spend 7 figures on a striker or some top class Midfielder..... aint gonna happen.

In the event of my having misunderstood the figures and we haven't made a loss, I'd love an explanation from one of our resident number crunchers. Unless, of course, the answer is the loss was covered by the parent company, Clowes Developments Ltd. In that case, the books might show break even but we did make a loss that was covered by a 3rd party...

Full report available at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/media/get/Der...3%20080324.pdf