+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donny

Donny made 2 subs due to injuries, and made 2 more at HT ...

Pretty certain we will see Tabs for the last 30 mins ...

I suspect we have bottled it. We should be easily beating Doncaster and teams like that and to have just 2 shots on target makes me wonder what the heck they practice at 5 days a week at RH..

Never mind we have 4 well paid managers to cheer them on...

I not sure we we will even make the play offs now...And if we did, no chance even then. Crewe Alex have always done this....hope then always misery...

Have we lost?

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Have we lost?
    How did you guess?

Unfortunately the triple substitution was made after they had scored the second goal.

They had 2 fresh players on for the second half, and that probably caught us out a bit.

Good to see Zac and Tabs back in the team - we're gonna need them for the rest of the season.

Terrible display today no fluency. Think the initial selection was wrong. Having, Tracey, Rowe AND Kirk in the starting line up is a mistake. That's 3 who don't get involved enough. That leaves too much ground for the other 8 cover.
    I'd give Charlie one more chance on Tuesday and then if he doesn't get involved in that, it's benchwarming for him.
    As for Rowe there have to be quite a few ahead of him, now. Holicek must start ahead of him. Tracey can only play when there is space down the wing for him to run into with the ball.
    We need to be more expansive and show a sense of urgency.
    Apart from the Alex's poor performance, that second goal couldn't have been more offside. He was standing a yard from the line as the defence moved out. However, the 1st goal was atrocious. I know the wind had an influence but there was nobody marking the back half of the goal and aren't goalkeepers allowed to use their hands?
    I would stick with CBR and Nevitt up front and try to cut out the number of long balls played down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I suspect we have bottled it. We should be easily beating Doncaster and teams like that and to have just 2 shots on target makes me wonder what the heck they practice at 5 days a week at RH..

Never mind we have 4 well paid managers to cheer them on...

I not sure we we will even make the play offs now...And if we did, no chance even then. Crewe Alex have always done this....hope then always misery...
    We "shouldn't" be beating anyone especially on their own pitch. It shows a lack of respect to other clubs to say that. And I never expected promotion or play offs in August so it could be said the club has done particularly well to be in the hunt at this point.

You have a short memory Mike. We have been promoted a good few times in the last 20 years or so.Still, it seems a good opportunity to post negativity on the back of a defeat. If we beat Sutton on Tuesday I look forward to a post from you full of positivity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    We "shouldn't" be beating anyone especially on their own pitch. It shows a lack of respect to other clubs to say that. And I never expected promotion or play offs in August so it could be said the club has done particularly well to be in the hunt at this point.

You have a short memory Mike. We have been promoted a good few times in the last 20 years or so.Still, it seems a good opportunity to post negativity on the back of a defeat. If we beat Sutton on Tuesday I look forward to a post from you full of positivity!!
    May I make a suggestion?

Please make comments about WHY we lost that game today and not what oher fans are saying who are entitled to say anything they please on a football forum. Of course its bloody negative. We were lying in second position last Saturday just two points behind Mansfield and the manager removed two strikers from the pitch and then they scored three goals in 15 mins. We start with a lone striker on the pitch today and have what two direct shots on goal? WTF do they do at RH, sod about defending? Just take a look at the crowd or lack of at Doncaster and Crewe here last week. This is a game that is failing big time due to cost and other stuff and nobody cares to do anything. We should NOT be losing games to those in position 20th in the league by two clear goals. Blame the manager(s) and the players and not other fans, please?

Gazan as usual comments on the poorness of us and we tend to beat clubs around us and yet lose to clubs way down. IF we are interested in promotion, then that has to stop. They were 20th, we were fourth, We should not be beaten by such clubs no matter what. Of course few comments about victories, what sort of comments do you want? Well done etc.

Nobody needs to tell me that football skills are better than they used to be...Utter rubbish and why the fans have disappeared. Half the price and the wages and then see what happens?

I think we have had it this season. Flash in the pan is the words to use I think..

It is possible to be analytical when we win. Analytical is not the same as just slagging off.
    I suppose most of my analysis today looks negative. I should have added that Austerfield was the pick of the bunch today.

Being critical is not actually slagging off....How can anyone be 'nice' about losing to a team in 20th position when you are supposed to be a promotion seeking team? Being super critical is OK if lessons can be learned.

Morse said there was a spark missing in the last two games but he didn't know why? I have one theory which may be right or wrong but it could be that when we beat Stockport, Mansfield, Notts Country, Barrow, there was a biggish crowd that lifted our players up and looking at the dire crowd at Doncaster and even here at Crewe, diminishes their enthusiasm and they can't react as in those other games.

It was probably like playing a practice game behind closed doors. I also think that playing a lone striker was probably the worse thing that ever happened in football but that is just my personal opinion. You just cannot play a game of football and have none or one or two strikes on goal. That is negative and deserves all the slagging off you can give and that is down to just one thing. P88s poor coaching by mostly second rate coaches who have no idea of how to play this game..IMO of course. The little crowds in the bottom leagues show that in all its glory..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 09-03-2024 at 10:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast