+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drums at games

Drums at games

Shite.

Get in the bin.

Seconded.

At one time in the past it was unique and only went on at QPR but now dozens of nutters are on to it and it is really boring

I say bring back the Vuvuzela

Very popular with the European teams.drums make it very difficult for the other teams fans to compete with the sheer noise, ie Dortmund, and eventually give up. People on here suggesting that we should be allowed drums for European nights, in order to balance up the noise. I think that would be ok, but not for premier league games.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Very popular with the European teams.drums make it very difficult for the other teams fans to compete with the sheer noise, ie Dortmund, and eventually give up. People on here suggesting that we should be allowed drums for European nights, in order to balance up the noise. I think that would be ok, but not for premier league games.
    It masks how flat the sh!te atmosphere is in the ground.

Why the security let the away fans from Dortmund bring that drum into SJP I'll never know! Basically handed the atmosphere over to them.

What fans do in their own stadium, like that cheesy music small clubs play on the rate occasions they score a goal is equally demining and embarrassing. This is England, this is Football, this is proper sport not plastic melted cheese on Doritos & a large watered down Coke of $9.99.

You can stick all that Americanised BS right up your A$$!

Quite right. Those flappy clappy things Leicester had were embarrassing. What’s next? Hand held loud hailers?
    This is England. Here, atmosphere is made by singing and chanting. We should ban all drums and other artificial noise makers from our ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    It masks how flat the sh!te atmosphere is in the ground.

Why the security let the away fans from Dortmund bring that drum into SJP I'll never know! Basically handed the atmosphere over to them.

What fans do in their own stadium, like that cheesy music small clubs play on the rate occasions they score a goal is equally demining and embarrassing. This is England, this is Football, this is proper sport not plastic melted cheese on Doritos & a large watered down Coke of $9.99.

You can stick all that Americanised BS right up your A$$!
    I agree about the cheesy music and the exploding fireworks especially, hate them, but don’t see why we can’t have drums on European nights,like you say,handed the atmosphere over to them, so the drums do have an effect, on both sets of fans.

Also the demoralisation of the away fans little drummer boy having his toy instrument taken away from him at the turn styles would be yet another dimension to the Fortress SJP!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)