+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock gone!!

Warnock gone!!

Apparently, Neil Warnock has 'stepped aside' following the cup QF win v Killie ..

Mental - I am pleased he's away, but the timing is weird! Interesting to see who is through the door - please not Lennon...

Well, he was definitely box office. And a good note to exit on. Unless there’s an NDA I expect a bit more box office to come. Walking away from a cup semi final must have been a wrench.

Baffling from the club, I hardly had time to get the kettle on back in the van after the match today before I got the news Warnock was away. He came here stating he wanted to win the Scottish cup, lets face it anything in the league was done, so why get rid of him minutes after our best display in a long long time getting us to another semi final?

I'm presuming it wasn't him wanting to go (can't see it from a manager of his pedigree) so who made this decision?

He did say in his interview that it was a mutual decision for him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Not sure I buy that. Something aint right.

At the end of the match as he walked across the pitch you can see him repeatedly shaking his head.

Maybe Junior Hoilett will be his gift to AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    At the end of the match as he walked across the pitch you can see him repeatedly shaking his head.

Maybe Junior Hoilett will be his gift to AFC.
    Ah've been cautiously impressed by Hoilett ... even in our recent defeats. If the guy continues tae play like he did today, then, in spite o' aathin Ah've said aboot Warnock, and in spite o' the fact Ah'm glad he's gone, Ah'll be thankful for the 'gift' and wish him well.

As most of you guys know I was never in favour of Warnock coming in as interim manager but it’s bizarre that he went after today’s result, although I realise it seems like it was decided last week.

My main issues with him coming in was that he was too old and it was never going anywhere so it was effectively just kicking the can down the road and the fact that we really needed a permanent manager in so he could have a chance to access what was needed for next season.

As far as I’m concerned with Warnock though good luck to him, he made mistakes but tried his best in difficult circumstances so all the best to him.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Mutual means he was fired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast