+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: More time?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Or maybe we could tempt Stuart's replacement at BT to give it a try.
    That made me chuckle

Whatever the cure is it needs administrating immediately. We have become shot shy cross shy and goal shy instead of the way we used to play. 50 passes up field and back again with absolutely no end product is not the players choice sorry, that’s coached and it needs changing. Unless Jim was injured today taking him off cost us the game as we capitulated as soon as he went. He ran the midfield today breaking play up and creating what little chances we had. Get it sorted notts quickly. Need a minimum 3 points from the next three games.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd be mightily relieved to find out he's gone tonight.
    That’s one for the history books, even Swales had enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Whatever the cure is it needs administrating immediately. We have become shot shy cross shy and goal shy instead of the way we used to play. 50 passes up field and back again with absolutely no end product is not the players choice sorry, that’s coached and it needs changing. Unless Jim was injured today taking him off cost us the game as we capitulated as soon as he went. He ran the midfield today breaking play up and creating what little chances we had. Get it sorted notts quickly. Need a minimum 3 points from the next three games.
    Jim should never have been taken off, he was our best midfield player. This cost us the game.. If we lose on Tuesday then SM has to go without further delay..

Come on Reedz. Time to act before the club's income starts failing

Maynard will get sacked pretty soon but we've got some problems that Pep and Klopp wouldn't sort without a refreshed squad.
    We've signed eleven players this season;
    Stone, Ashby Hammond GK
    Macari, Warner, Tipton. Defence.
    Crowley, Gosling, Robertson. Midfield.
    Randall, Jatta, McGoldrick. Striker.

Only Crowley and Robertson are shoe ins for a starting place. Didzy has the class but we've asked too much of him and Macari has been in and out the team.
    We've recruited poorly and have been trying to upgrade on Slocombe for three seasons going through Patterson, Jaros? Stone, Ashby, Mair and Brooks. Our defence is just incapable of doing the basics.
    Wimbledon, Crewe and Gillingham showed how to defend at this level, we're incapable with this squad of doing it.
    The manager will go but I look at that team and think that overall we're a bit on the small side and lightweight in key areas.

No point hitting the "sack button" now unless we have a definite replacement, it's already too late for this season. Give Maynard a chance to prove what he can do this season but look for the next manager knowing we are in no rush (unlike when LW left) and have time for the next guy to prep for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    I agree, he played well, been a great servant but he's an hour man now. That he's still our best option to start says everything about how weak we actually are. Our midfield with him and Doyle were weak five seasons ago when we went down.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    He may be a captain but do you think he holds any sway over players who have done it time and again at a higher level? Even in this modern world dressing rooms are still ruthless - can you see Kyle or Stuart having the experience or gravitas to have authority in that environment?

Williams and Harley I can - Maynard and what's even his assistant's name? The fact I don't know speaks volumes - I've supported Notts since I was 6, I love Notts and not once have I not been able to tell you the assistant's name.

Maurice Ross was with us for about a month if that - I can tell you his name.

Looking for quality and value is definitely where we need to go - but if we want to see League 1 football any time soon we have to set our standards higher than "did pretty good at Wealdstone".
    LW and Harley might have struggled at first (don't know) but their abilities and obvious knowledge and empathy would have been important. I think my point is that SM has been hurled into a role he probably ought not to have taken (difficult decision to make) but I get the feeling he sure as hell hasn't been helped by poss the most ineffectual captain I can remember.
    Last edited by M0ufMk3; 09-03-2024 at 07:36 PM. Reason: extra comment

and, per your point re Maynard, shouldn't have been approached for

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast