+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More time?

Maybe Neil is on his way from Aberdeen! I know, I know, doesn't fit the owners' " philosophy" etc. But he couldn't do much worse could he?

Or maybe we could tempt Stuart's replacement at BT to give it a try.

After last post I've just seen Warnock has left Aberdeen. I'm not convinced I'd want him back to replace Maynard. But is there a world out there where he could come in and work alongside him for the rest of the season and make him better at getting more out of these players?

The players aren't playing for him. So, it's going to be tough for him to change things.

Lets be honest some of our players are just fair weather bottlers so it was always going to be difficult for Maynard but the worry is these "tweaks" seem to have made things worse. Personally I'd still see it out with Maynard until the end of the season but it's unlikely he'll be here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I was there today. I'm not convinced Maynard has it in him to turn this around either. Certainly after today I think our chances of the play offs are over this season

However, I feel it's important to back the owners and the players still. We're on a bad run, but our club has been in much worse situations than mid table League 2 in recent years.

I was pleased to see relatively little booing at the end of today's game. I don't think it helps.

If/ when we change manager I'd also like to see a change of captain too. I don't think KC is inspiring anyone and there's a lack of leadership on the pitch as well as off it.
    Thats because most had left!

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    The players aren't playing for him. So, it's going to be tough for him to change things.
    Personally I didn't see any of our players not playing for the manager today.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    After last post I've just seen Warnock has left Aberdeen. I'm not convinced I'd want him back to replace Maynard. But is there a world out there where he could come in and work alongside him for the rest of the season and make him better at getting more out of these players?
    I think that would undermine Maynard similar to the Sherwood / Williams situation. I'd offer Warnock the job until the end of the season with Maynard as his assistant. If Maynard isn't happy with that then I'd say goodbye and good luck.

I watched his reaction to the first goal and besides some cheerleading in the form of clapping there was nothing. My personal opinion is he's out of his depth and he knows he's out of his depth. The players don't respect him and they've gone from League 2 caviar to League 2 gruel in the form of coaching they're receiving.

The director of a small 8 person company is not the same as a director of a multi-national. I'm not saying Maynard doesn't have any coaching nous - it's my gut feeling he doesn't have the authority or personality to get the players invested in him. If you can't do that then you can't expect to compete.

Sunken cost fallacy is the only reason SM will remain in post. If someone thinks that the team is in better shape or more prepared for a promotion challenge under Maynard then I'd love to hear why. We are still a relatively big fish in a small pond and if that was my first 6 weeks in a role I'd be seriously worried.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    This fool will just milk us until the owners realise they've ****ed up because why would he give up the best salary he's ever gonna have?
    This is part of the problem, he probably isn't in a financial position to save himself from what's most likely a horrible experience, so it's on the club to do it. I'm not holding my breath, they waited til Ardley was absolutely done and did it by 'mutual consent'. He was probably delighted to go

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Lets be honest some of our players are just fair weather bottlers so it was always going to be difficult for Maynard but the worry is these "tweaks" seem to have made things worse. Personally I'd still see it out with Maynard until the end of the season but it's unlikely he'll be here next season.
    Some aren't exactly robust but it's the senior players' reaction which is telling. Obviously you can exclude JOB, but Didzy is anonymous and Bostock has just given up. Would we have got either if it wasn't for LW and his style? Bostock wouldn't have come for DM in a million years & Mcgoldrick would surely have thought twice even though it was us. JB was way out of sorts already but he's checked out for me. If he can't get these guys to buy in then there's no hope

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast