+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Since we moved in to the NYS the club has stagnated.We were fortunate to have Warney, who miraculously managed a set of players ,to give us two promotions, on a very thin shoestring budget.He realised that the club showed no ambition to support him at championship level and left to go to a club that would support him.This club is completely clueless and there has been no plan in place ever since we moved in to the NYS.As I've said before just sacking the manager will make no difference at all.

The discussion around sacking MT was a mistake is not because MT was doing an amazing job but because it’s been proven at this point to have generally taken us backwards. You can say the sacking was wrong without claiming MT was a genius.
    The club is in a total mess and today was the last away game for me until the club starts to show some respect to the supporters.

Just got back (to W Norfolk).

Highlight of the day was the fish and chips in the car park at the ground.

Left with 30 to go because I couldn't see the point of sitting around.

Fortunately didn't see most of the goals in the first half, due to position in ground (crap), sunlight in eyes, goal in shadow and my own fast diminishing eyesight. Their third goal looked a beauty.

As for us? Well, incoherent, disjointed, unconnected. I can't remember when I last watched a Rotherham game and had so little interest in the outcome.

A few weeks ago I thought LR could do something with the squad next year. Now I'm not so sure.

I think Taylor left a ****show.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Yep.

Warne was far, far better than the majority here realised. Some of us knew full well how he'd got us so close to survival with a budget smaller than what's been had this season and last.

Warne left because he'd gone as far as he could and knew one day fan pressure would turn and he'd be done and didn't want it. He said that publicly because we do seem to have particular fickle fans despite the club STILL being at what is a historically high position.

As for MT. Never the right man. LR also not suddenly going to turn right man.

Theres even less point changing personnel now than there was under Taylor. Taylor created his mess. LR is living with it.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Since we moved in to the NYS the club has stagnated.We were fortunate to have Warney, who miraculously managed a set of players ,to give us two promotions, on a very thin shoestring budget.He realised that the club showed no ambition to support him at championship level and left to go to a club that would support him.This club is completely clueless and there has been no plan in place ever since we moved in to the NYS.As I've said before just sacking the manager will make no difference at all.
    Sorry, but this is insane.

We've had half a dozen promotions and a cup win since then. 3 trips to Wembley. 3 Wins.

Weve been one of the most successful clubs in the EFL.

We can't financially compete at this level and we cannot attract "proven" talent at this level with our budget.

Bad results kills the moral, which combined with bad recruitment planning, a poor manager having too much free reign to dismantle a largely successful culture in a cut throat league is why we're bottom of the championship. That's it.

The club isn't owing money, we aren't the laughing stock that the owls are off the pitch etc.

You've been enjoying the sweet stuff so much that anything else tastes bitter.

We've had half a dozen promotions and a cup win since then. 3 trips to Wembley. 3 Wins.

We can't financially compete at this level and we cannot attract "proven" talent at this level with our budget.

Bad results kills the moral, which combined with bad recruitment planning, a poor manager having too much free reign to dismantle a largely successful culture in a cut throat league is why we're bottom of the championship. That's it.

The club isn't owing money, we aren't the laughing stock that the owls are off the pitch etc.

Can't disagree with any of that.
    You have to suffer the lows to enjoy the highs

Completely agree

Bang on!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Since we moved in to the NYS the club has stagnated.
    For that to be true wouldn't we have spent the last 12 seasons in L2?

Just for reference, Mansfield Town and Newport County have done exactly that and I don't see them as having the same profile as RUFC. I bet they wish they had stagnated like we have.

Was visiting relatives in the Norwich area and went to the game. Mortified was the word for me. But as someone said, we have had some great times and maybe now a rough patch coming.We are all Millers are we not.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast