+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: v Sutton United

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Having said that, maybe a scrappy 1-0 win. Could do with something emphatic but no expectation.
    Spot on!

Tracey has also had lots of opportunity but made poor decisions almost every time.
    Tabs and Austerfield have to get on the ball.
    Another joke of a referee.
    Nobody left on the bench to change anything.
    Not sure re the bench. Other than that agree. Ball was there to be controlled several times, and just hoofed.
    Ref making his L2 debut.

Final word - that must be Charlie's last chance. He can't be picked to start after that. Unfortunately, CBRs injury will probably give him another chance. Billington also needs to play next game.
    I agree with all your comments there Gazan other than I don't think that Charlie will get a reprieve. Billington has to start surely. I think that Leigh has possibly earned a start, when he came on he started to drive forwards rather than sideways and backwards and this coincided with us keeping the ball on the floor a lot more. Nevitt thoroughly deserved MOM and on the downside we have lost our only like for like, probably for the season if what I am hearing is correct about CBR fracturing his shoulder.
    I am looking forward to viewing the highlights to see if the ref was as bad as he looked live.

Agree with all that, times in first half couldn't tell who was team bottom of league but we got there in the end, thought Rowe did really well when he came on!! This was refs first game another shocker we seem to get here, can't believe he didn't give a foul when the goalie clobbered Tracey amongst other howlers!! Onwards and upwards on to MK now hopefully better the team better we play!!

If CBR is out that's a blow, but hopefully Long will be back soon just try and keep him fit for a few games to see us through!!

And Adebesi must play on the left. He was wasted on the right.

Not sure I agree about Rio. He was average last night but the team were poor. I tend to think he's more dangerous going forward on the right. He just didn't get going much last night.

Wasn't good but we did ground out a win. It was more like a rugby match, the only difference was in rugby there would have been at least 2 red cards. Don't know why we have linesmen as they only give throw ins. The yardage that Sutton gained on throws was unbelieve able. The ref says take it from there and in one incident like that the player took 15 extra steps. I counted them. Of course you get away with it once you keep doing it until told to stop it
    Back to the national league for that ref

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Wasn't good but we did ground out a win. It was more like a rugby match, the only difference was in rugby there would have been at least 2 red cards. Don't know why we have linesmen as they only give throw ins. The yardage that Sutton gained on throws was unbelieve able. The ref says take it from there and in one incident like that the player took 15 extra steps. I counted them. Of course you get away with it once you keep doing it until told to stop it
    Back to the national league for that ref
    To be fair, it was the lady running the line that awarded the goal. It certainly wasn't the ref who was dreadful from start to finish

I have to give Rowe credit for playing better and a peach of a ball for Nev. What were McGarry and Morse burbling
    about? Rowe didn't get booked Austerfield did.
    He did, and Morse couldn't get McGarry to listen when he spotted it, but I think ref got the wrong man. Austerfield certainly amazed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast