+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: v Sutton United

v Sutton United

Complacency on Tuesday v Sutton United will be disastrous. Though they are in bottom place of the the league table, I believe that they are not as poor a team as their position might suggest. They have lost a number of games by the odd goal. We can do without a surprise upset with our sides current league position.

As someone else has said elsewhere, it's time to drop squad rotation for the sake of it and pick a team and formation and stick with it. Subs should not be planned in advance but should be used out necessity.
    The team should be selected with as few low- impact players as possible. We need to be expansive and move the ball quickly. No more long ball down the middle. Use the talent we have in midfield to advance the ball.

Having said that, maybe a scrappy 1-0 win. Could do with something emphatic but no expectation.

Got a feeling that we will see CBR and Nevitt start tonight and I will go with a 3-1 win. A must win game in the circumstances.

Yes, really dreading it but I know I shouldn't. 4 points from the last 12. 1 win in the last 3 home games. Need the points to stop the drift.
    However, I reiterate, just for the benefit of anyone who's looking forward to having a go at the team despite not showing up when they were winning, that hardly anyone predicted the Alex would be where they are now. Therefore, whatever happens from now on, good or bad, is relative to an excellent first 75% of the season. Just saying.

Kirk has got to be hooked. Making no attempt for the ball if the odds are less than 70-30 in his favour.

Tracey has also had lots of opportunity but made poor decisions almost every time.
    Tabs and Austerfield have to get on the ball.
    Another joke of a referee.
    Nobody left on the bench to change anything.

Well, that was every bit as bad as I expected. Thankfully Nev got his goal and their defender made a hash of trying to clear. So all the results were generally in our favour so back in touch with the top 3. Perhaps an away game against MK Dons is just what the Alex need.

I have to give Rowe credit for playing better and a peach of a ball for Nev. What were McGarry and Morse burbling about? Rowe didn't get booked Austerfield did.

Final word - that must be Charlie's last chance. He can't be picked to start after that. Unfortunately, CBRs injury will probably give him another chance. Billington also needs to play next game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast