+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Season

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Clough wouldn't have been given the time here that he was at Mansfield the fans would have turned seasons ago, rightly or wrongly Notts fans expectation levels seem higher than the Stags & recent history shows that they quickly lose patience if things don't run perfectly. COYP
    I think it’s an unfair accusation that Notts fans are any more impatient than any other set of fans. Aside from the fact that there wasn’t any particular booing on Sat(probably due to a better performance than against Sutton) a team that was in a poorish run of form before the new bloke took over has gone off a cliff. Any other league we’d be seriously concerned about relegation.

Both MK Dons and Bradford and Tranmere were struggling far more than us when they got new managers and all three have seen immediate and sustained improvements in their forms. Why couldn’t have we expected that at Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think it’s an unfair accusation that Notts fans are any more impatient than any other set of fans. Aside from the fact that there wasn’t any particular booing on Sat(probably due to a better performance than against Sutton) a team that was in a poorish run of form before the new bloke took over has gone off a cliff. Any other league we’d be seriously concerned about relegation.

Both MK Dons and Bradford and Tranmere were struggling far more than us when they got new managers and all three have seen immediate and sustained improvements in their forms. Why couldn’t have we expected that at Notts?
    I didn't say any other fans I chose Stags because they showed much more patience with Clough than I believe we would, not sure about the lack of booing Saturday because like many I was on my way home. It would have been nice to get a " new manager bounce" but maybe because LW jumped rather than got pushed because of poor results we didn't. If we were to appoint a different manager today & results didn't pick up don't you believe that some fans (probably the ones now shouting for Maynards head) would be shouting again ? Job security or lack of it must effect any potential applicant.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234