+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Commentary

I thought Adam Hassel was an upgrade on Bracegirdle.

... what's the matter with Stallard. His comments have been consistently on the mark over the years. However, during the aftermatch inquest and without directly criticising SM I found his comments really strange. Why didn't he blame the players for their inept performance in the last 10 minutes. For 80 minutes, to SM's credit, we had a good performance from the team, playing against a team of cheating spoilers and the usual weak referee. SM is in a no-win situation whilst the club fails to provide him with effective defenders.You got it wrong this time Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    couldn't agree more, and you can tell he's a Notts fan

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what's the matter with Stallard. His comments have been consistently on the mark over the years. However, during the aftermatch inquest and without directly criticising SM I found his comments really strange. Why didn't he blame the players for their inept performance in the last 10 minutes. For 80 minutes, to SM's credit, we had a good performance from the team, playing against a team of cheating spoilers and the usual weak referee. SM is in a no-win situation whilst the club fails to provide him with effective defenders.You got it wrong this time Mark.
    He did criticise the defending and said like everyone knows it’s been bad all season.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I liked the questions that Adam Hassel asked in the post match interview yesterday. It’s almost like he’s read this board or being a Notts fan he knows the questions fans would like asking.

He went deeper when given responses from SM which led to the not equipped to deal with balls into the box response.

Likewise he mentioned the one shot on target, Jatta omission and updates on players such as Bostock, DMG and Warner.

Even went as far as mentioning it took SM a long time to come out and what his message was to the fans.

I felt it enabled SM to be a bit more open and honest with his answers and it told us more than some of the recent pre match interviews which seem more liked scripted Q&A’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I also listened on the way home, but to me his commentary was more the overly dramatic South American "Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll" style. He seemed to love it more than than the inbred fans! I enjoy his cricket commentary even though he's a Forest fan, but he's never seemed that excited over a Notts goal.
    Thought I'd tuned into radio San Paulo, Brazilian Gòooooal with a plum in his mouth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12